Pausing of all new experience applications.

Answered!
Aleksandr328
Level 2
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Pausing of all new experience applications.

Hello. I'm new to Airbnb and want to host an experience. 

When I first tried to aplly, everything was OK. I took it very seriously, made a plan and a scenario. But when I was back I noticed, that all new applications are paused "for now". There is no information when applications will reopen. 

Did anything similar take place earlier? I was able to find information only about pausing of experiences during pandemic lock-downs. How long could it take now? 

1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Aleksandr328 ,

Currently, we are working hard to improve our core services and are temporarily pausing all-new Experience submissions. Although we do not have specific dates of when it will be resumed, as of now both new and existing Hosts will be unable to create an Experience.

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us! We will keep the Experience Hosts updated once the intake resumes. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

30 Replies 30
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Aleksandr328 ,

Currently, we are working hard to improve our core services and are temporarily pausing all-new Experience submissions. Although we do not have specific dates of when it will be resumed, as of now both new and existing Hosts will be unable to create an Experience.

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us! We will keep the Experience Hosts updated once the intake resumes. 

-----

Hello I wanted to check on an ETA I know you say there no specific dates but are they saying days/weeks/months etc

Thanks

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Chris18053 ,

Thank you for sharing your interest regarding Experiences. But at this time, Airbnb doesn’t have a date or ETA to share regarding when they will accept new Experiences. Stay tuned for further updates.

-----

Kevin-s0
Level 10
Minamiashigara, Japan

Seriously? No idea when? 2024? Later in 2023? No idea to give your loyal and hard working hosts? And experience hosts? That doesn’t seem very fair.

Whenever they get around to it.

Sam
The Historic Mountain View

@Bhumika Also, just a follow up question, if I have a new experience I've been working on paused and unfinished, is that gone now or will I be able to resume finishing it once it is back up and running?

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @Carl162 ,

As of right now, Hosts won't be able to edit or resume their paused Experiences. We'll keep you posted if something changes. 

Thank you again for your continued interest in Airbnb Experiences. We really appreciate it.

-----

Bhumika,

I wanted to reach out to see if there was an update as to when Airbnb might resume accepting new Experience applications.  If there is an update, please let me know!

Thanks!

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Andrew1052 ,

At this time, we don’t have a date to share regarding when we’ll accept new Experiences.

Thank you for your continued interest in Experiences and stay tuned for updates. We will notify our Hosts if anything changes.

-----

Thanks a lot for. Warning us. I was in the midst of creating an experience -- just waiting for photos. I went back today to finish and publish it, and encounter that similarly unhelpful message and I can't even work on it. It was intended to make up some of the revenue list when ABB rolled out that last set of terrible updates. AirBnB is getting worse by the day.

Sam
The Historic Mountain View

Hi,

Has there been any update since your response on 11 April? 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Sarah5107 ,

Welcome to the Airbnb Community Center and thanks for hinting your interest in Experiences.

As of now, we don’t have any new updates to share regarding accepting new Experiences. We will surely keep our Host community updated, in case anything changes.

-----

Hei, is there now any update on when and if it will be possible again to add experiences?

Giacomo

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Giacomo365 , Thank you for asking. As mentioned above, we do not have any new updates to share yet. 

Thank you for sharing your interest in adding new Experiences.

-----