Pausing of all new experience applications.

Answered!
Aleksandr328
Level 2
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Pausing of all new experience applications.

Hello. I'm new to Airbnb and want to host an experience. 

When I first tried to aplly, everything was OK. I took it very seriously, made a plan and a scenario. But when I was back I noticed, that all new applications are paused "for now". There is no information when applications will reopen. 

Did anything similar take place earlier? I was able to find information only about pausing of experiences during pandemic lock-downs. How long could it take now? 

1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Aleksandr328 ,

Currently, we are working hard to improve our core services and are temporarily pausing all-new Experience submissions. Although we do not have specific dates of when it will be resumed, as of now both new and existing Hosts will be unable to create an Experience.

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us! We will keep the Experience Hosts updated once the intake resumes. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

30 Replies 30

Hello @Bhumika,

I appreciate the effort to enhance core services, but I'm curious about the status of Airbnb Experience Hosts. Do you have any information on when Experience submissions might be resumed?

I understand that there are no specific dates available at the moment, but it would be helpful to know when both new and existing Hosts will be able to create Experiences again.

Thank you for your assistance, and please keep Experience Hosts updated on any developments regarding the resumption of Experience submissions.

Any updates on this?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You'd need to ask Airbnb @Grace711 

Hello Bhumika,

Since it's almost been a year since this initial announcement of a pause, can you please provide a roadmap/timeline for when new experiences will likely be able to be submitted again? Curious if this is on the horizon in the next month, or further out like the end of the year.

I saw some experiences when traveling that were listed as *New*. It seems they're letting certain cities/countries create them and not others. Although that hasn't been confirmed or denied, but these hosts did say their experiences were new ones.

Its been years, this is completely unprofessional, airbnb ruined another great feature. bad website, bad business.

Kevin-s0
Level 10
Minamiashigara, Japan

It seems that you can only make new experiences if you are famous, like Kevin Hart.  Us mere mortals are not allowed to it would seem.  And no updates on when mere mortals will be allowed to make new experiences again.

Kevin1718
Level 2
Ashbourne, Ireland

I know this has been asked before but not answered, when is it likely that Experiences will be re opened is there any update on it

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Kevin1718  @Kevin-s0 ,

Thank you for your interest in experiences! I wanted to inform you that an ETA has not been defined yet. Rest assured, we will keep our Host Community informed if there are any updates or changes in the future.

Paula

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Kevin-s0
Level 10
Minamiashigara, Japan

Hi again Paula,

Regarding No New Experience permitted until further notice-why do people like Kevin Hart suddenly have new Airbnb Experiences?  That seems to contradict the pause on new experiences.  Can you please explain.  Kevin Hart: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1131087648837536437?adults=1&category_tag=Tag%3A8851&children=0&enable_...

This New Experience just came into my feed.  But my half finished experiences are still on pause.  It would apprear the same for others who are not famous nor multimillionaires. 

Carlos4678
Level 1
Aguadilla Pueblo, Puerto Rico

I had like 2 unpublished experiences that I can't even see the info and photos I uploaded. I just wanted to share it with some friends to continue brainstorming the idea.

Hi,

Its been a while, is there any update on when/if this is going to continue? 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Alan1650, As mentioned earlier in this thread, we do not have any new updates to share in this regard. We will definitely make sure to update this thread if anything changes.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi Bhumika - Following the thread, looking forward for an update, when it's available. 

Thank you,

Valeria 

Jordan-T-0
Level 1
Wailuku, HI

Is there an update on this?  Thank you