Houston, TX

Please Critique my Listing - Houston, Texas, USA

Hi everyone - please can you critique my listing? https://airbnb.com/h/okto

Screenshot 2023-07-14 at 13.05.09.png

1 Best Answer
Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Lala89 Hello , lovely place. you have two listings and it is not clear to me if they are one and the same , so a bit of photo clarification , especially around the balconies and patios and stairwells as this is important for those with both children and older people in their groups. The profile photo of a bunch of flowers is not suitable . If you are a hands on host then a picture of yourself and your co host will increase the confidence of those booking.Another thing about the amount of people booking ,it may be a good idea to reduce the numbers to ten and only show the 'beds ' that are available but if you have 'trundles , fold up beds  or baby cots ' list them as 'available on request. I personally prefer guests not to sleep in the living room ever ,as this makes a spacious home seem small, and the living /sitting room , does not seem to have enough sofas or seats for such a large group , maybe add a few extra comfy chairs. Good Luck ... H

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the Community Center @Lala89! Your listing looks lovely!

Perhaps @Mike-And-Jane0 @Fred13 @Helen744 might be able to provide feedback as they are experienced Hosts 🙂

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Great place @Lala89, you are off to a great start. A few minor things to entertain that may help now or in the future.

Price: Considering it's such a nice nice place and be best to keep it that way, and really caters to 'small groups' - maybe best to maybe target just 6-8 persons (which keeps things low risk in a just- 3 bedroom place). Then have a price of $295 for first 6 (and 8 upon request $25 pp for those extra 2 persons after first 6).

Photos: Normally I always clamor for starting with an outside shot > kitchen > living room > other cool rooms > bedrooms > backyard/patio >  unique features > neighborhood. You got nice photos already. I would try to replace the outside photo but showing only one unit, the existing one now is just not 'selling' itself enough, may detract actually.

Your personal photo: Maybe one of you beats one of a flower pot.

Great place and wish you the very best of luck.

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Lala89 Hello , lovely place. you have two listings and it is not clear to me if they are one and the same , so a bit of photo clarification , especially around the balconies and patios and stairwells as this is important for those with both children and older people in their groups. The profile photo of a bunch of flowers is not suitable . If you are a hands on host then a picture of yourself and your co host will increase the confidence of those booking.Another thing about the amount of people booking ,it may be a good idea to reduce the numbers to ten and only show the 'beds ' that are available but if you have 'trundles , fold up beds  or baby cots ' list them as 'available on request. I personally prefer guests not to sleep in the living room ever ,as this makes a spacious home seem small, and the living /sitting room , does not seem to have enough sofas or seats for such a large group , maybe add a few extra comfy chairs. Good Luck ... H

also it seems the 'lock up garage is a big plus , how many cars cars can park at your place.?

emphasis must be on 'be safe , be downtown'.. H