Please critique my listing- Brigita in Dubrovnik, Croatia

Brigita8
Level 2
Dubrovnik, Croatia

Please critique my listing- Brigita in Dubrovnik, Croatia

37C14209-A17D-4A4E-ACBC-809832617624.jpeg

Hi everyone,

I would love some feedback on my listing.

I’m a new host, starting from July 2022. My biggest concern is cover photo. I can never decide which one of the listing’s photo to choose- is it the one with a detail that is pretty or the one that shows the full space immediatly (which one attracts more clicks). If you have some other suggestions for my listing overall, please give your opinion. 

Link to the listing: https://airbnb.com/h/dubrovnikapartment

Thanks a lot for all advice!

Brigita

1 Reply 1
Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello Brigita8

I'm always changing my photos round to try and see which one grabs people's attention more!  Everyone seems unanimous in saying that the first 5 are really important as these will determine whether people click on your listing to see more or move onto the next one.  

So my stand out picture for me is #7 with that lovely romantic terrace for two with a gorgeous view so that one should feature in your 5.  And to top that it's not the only one as #19 is lovely too.  Now unfortunately Airbnb do not offer guests the possibility to select a terrace/balcony as a criteria and this is a major bug bear with me and have been suggesting for two years that they add this but still waiting.  It's such a plus and one that my guests invariably mention in their comments so I have two of my terrace in my 5. It's the only way to tell people you have such a great feature.

I would add a description under each and every photo - the only one that has anything is the parking spot with the best view ever😉  Mention size of bed and if bed has any special features for example.

If we assume that potential guests do not read our descriptions of what we offer,  our photos are really important and their captions.  I was confused by the fact that I thought that there were two beds as they have different bedding but going back to the description I realised that in fact there's only one so I would just keep to the one bedding to make that clearer.

#2 - I would zoom out more, same with #5 and use as much as possible a landscape angle

#12 and #13 of the kitchen are very similar so would zoom out on one of them.

#14 that bathroom shot is a bit strange and doesn't add anything so would zoom out or use a  horizontal angle. It's a lovely bathroom so show it under it's best angle;)

In your narrative you mention that Gruz port is 5 minutes away but is this by foot or by car?  At the bottom of your listing, it says that you haven't specified if there is a smoke or carbon monoxyde alarm which can be unsettling for some.  So if you do have a smoke alarm it's a shame not to say so and as for the carbon monoxyde alarm, if you're all electric you don't need one and you can tick that box in the security section of your listing which will reassure guests.

Sorry if it's a lot to read but in fact it's only a few minor things to tweak as your listing is lovely😊

Have a great season and I see that you're already well booked so well done!!

All the best
Joëlle