Level 2
Carmel-By-The-Sea, CA

Please critique my listing in Monterey, CA

1 Best Answer
Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Erin6539 gorgeous house

I am a big fan of all pictures having the same color. You have some lighter some darker. They look clean and professional when they have the same exposure

Some pictures are slanted such as closets and a view out of the window. If you can not take a good picture, think if it is even needed. Most Airbnb guests do not need major closet space. It is assumed your house will have some

The picture of the laundry is too large, at least on my desk top. I can only see the plant until I click on it

The balcony is not really exterior unless it is not for guests use.

I am a big fan of all the details:

No access to the garage- what are the other parking options?

Accessibility: how many floors, where are the bedroom, if there are stairs and how many. This gets asked a lot.

I know you have some of it in other parts of the listing one way or the other but I would add it all to the description.

I am also personally not a fan of mentioning specific brands. If someone breaks your sofa (and I have had mine broken more than once!), you now have to run to Pottery barn and get another one by next check in or inevitably someone will complain. Eventually your guests will break through your set of CB2 china. You will be forced to replace with same brand by next arrival. I do not want you to think that guests break things all the time, it is not the case, however you should set yourself up for a few potential complaint scenarios as possible. CB2 is great but it is not Wedgewood either. Just say luxury furnishings if you must. 

I think you should elaborate on security cameras. I personally do not have any but I see a lot of posts about hosts getting in trouble for having them. Perhaps state where they are? I am not sure about this one

Overall amazing home. I am sure you will do really well!

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @Erin6539 ,

Welcome to the Airbnb Community Center!

Great to see a lush green cover surrounding your listing😍. Looks refreshing! I also had a look at your guidebook, and surely there are a lot of interesting places to visit there.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Erin6539
Level 2
Carmel-By-The-Sea, CA

Thank you ☺️ 

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Erin6539 gorgeous house

I am a big fan of all pictures having the same color. You have some lighter some darker. They look clean and professional when they have the same exposure

Some pictures are slanted such as closets and a view out of the window. If you can not take a good picture, think if it is even needed. Most Airbnb guests do not need major closet space. It is assumed your house will have some

The picture of the laundry is too large, at least on my desk top. I can only see the plant until I click on it

The balcony is not really exterior unless it is not for guests use.

I am a big fan of all the details:

No access to the garage- what are the other parking options?

Accessibility: how many floors, where are the bedroom, if there are stairs and how many. This gets asked a lot.

I know you have some of it in other parts of the listing one way or the other but I would add it all to the description.

I am also personally not a fan of mentioning specific brands. If someone breaks your sofa (and I have had mine broken more than once!), you now have to run to Pottery barn and get another one by next check in or inevitably someone will complain. Eventually your guests will break through your set of CB2 china. You will be forced to replace with same brand by next arrival. I do not want you to think that guests break things all the time, it is not the case, however you should set yourself up for a few potential complaint scenarios as possible. CB2 is great but it is not Wedgewood either. Just say luxury furnishings if you must. 

I think you should elaborate on security cameras. I personally do not have any but I see a lot of posts about hosts getting in trouble for having them. Perhaps state where they are? I am not sure about this one

Overall amazing home. I am sure you will do really well!

Erin6539
Level 2
Carmel-By-The-Sea, CA

Hello,

I don’t have a balcony. All of the exterior shots are truly exterior. Can you be more specific about which picture you’re referring to as my ‘balcony’?

@Erin6539 , beautiful home. Love the decor. I agree with @Inna22 , in terms of having high end items in the home. Items will eventually be broken/damaged/stained. And it’s costly to replace and/or repair. Personally, I would not allow pets in a home like this. No one will take care of your home the way you would and guest(s) on vacation are probably going to want to relax and not worry about dropping crumbs, spilling drinks, pets jumping on furniture etc….

As @Inna22 , mentioned the laundry picture is blurry and oversized. You may want to retake that particular photo and make mention of the additional details @Inna22  listed. 

Welcome and Best of Luck!

Erin6539
Level 2
Carmel-By-The-Sea, CA

I removed the brands for the furniture and will  delete the laundry room picture as well. Thank you