Please critique my listing

Vince1757
Level 3
Charlotte, NC

Please critique my listing

Hi Everyone, I’m a new Airbnb host and would love some HONEST advice & feedback from you all on 2 active listings that I currently have. I’m extremely grateful for every booking that I get considering all the beautiful Airbnbs that Charlotte, NC has to offer and I desire to continue to provide the best service I can to become a Super host in the near future. I would love any assistance towards improving my listings and whatever else  I can do to achieve my desired goal. 

Thanking  you all in advance Vince 🤩✈️🌴

https://www.airbnb.com/h/vinniesvillas2

https://airbnb.com/h/vinniesvillas3

8 Replies 8
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Hard to critique your place, since is so thorough.  A minor point is that the best pictures oftentimes are those that show only a slice of an area or of a room, to leave some to the imagination. I have had to force myself to do that, since I too want to show everything.

Thank you for that great tip. I agree and will take that very point into consideration when shooting the updated photos.

Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Vince1757 

Just had a look at vinniesvillas2 and it says it is for 1 person on the first page of the listing but then lower down in the description in the rules it says it's for a max of 2 people.  Worth changing that if it's for 2

When looking at the photos of the bathroom, I would prefer to see the curtain pulled back to see immediately if it is a shower or a bath for example.  

Adding a comment under the photographs is a great way of giving more detailed information to the guest too e.g.  size of bed etc

The fridge is stocked with lots of things, is this what you supply to the guest upon their arrival?

all the best

Joëlle

Joelle43,

Thank you for your words of wisdom and I appreciate you taking time to give me a thorough critique. I’m on it and will fix everything you said In my next update. 

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Vince1757  you've actually done a really good job for a newbie! Really- very thorough with the details, and the accommodations look really nice! 

The only thing that I would improve upon is making it clear that there are two guest rooms available, and that another guest might be staying at the same time. I think you touched on that in the photo captions, but people DO NOT READ, and I'd hate for you to have a guest come stay, and then be surprised that another guest is in the next room as well as sharing the bathroom. 

I think it would benefit you to be VERY CLEAR about this in your written description of the space. 

Also, your price seems really low, but I don't know your area. Just keep in mind that low prices attract bottom feeders, and that creates all sorts of other problems. 

Good luck! Kia

Kia thank you for your compliment and I appreciate you for taking the time out of your schedule to leave such wise advice. I agree with you 100% however what section would you recommend that I should add that so they can be clear that there may be other guest sharing the bathroom and shared spaces with them without it possibly hindering future bookings just because I over emphasized it In the listing? 

@Vince1757 The facts are the facts. It's better to put the information out there, and let guests decide for themselves. You actually want it to hinder future bookings, because those are the people who would be upset (because they didn't read) about finding another guest sharing the space. Do you get what I mean? The only way to protect yourself as a host is to put every bit of information about your listing- the good and the "bad" right up front, because then guests can make an informed decision about whether the space suits their needs. 

I would put it front and center in your description, right at the top. Just a simple sentence, like- "There are two guests rooms available on the second floor of this property, so be aware that there may be a guest or guests occupying the other room during your stay." Keep it simple, but put it out there. I promise it will save you some trouble in the long run. 

Understood Kia and I totally agree and will make the edits immediately. Thank you for your guidance and helping me to be more aware of avoidable  pitfalls.