Please critique my listing

Answered!
Tom3834
Level 2
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Please critique my listing

We have only recently listed our property for rent on airbnb and would like people's feedback. Any hints on how to create a space that stands out would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.airbnb.com/h/eagletop

1 Best Answer

@Tom3834 Beautiful cabin and the décor and furnishings inside are awesome! I like how you staged the table. A few ideas to try below. If you don’t see an uptick in bookings, you can always change it back, or try other tweaks. Other hosts can offer some ideas as well. Below is probably more detail than you wanted 🙂

Title

Try “Treehaus Cabin w Hot Tub/Fireplace” 

Cabin in the title might help and I think the fireplace is probably more of a draw than the firepit. You can comment on the luxurious interior in the description.

Cover Photo

Make the photo attached below as your cover photo for now. See if it makes any difference in your bookings. I would retake the photo from the same position/perspective, but at twilight. Turn on all the lights in the cabin and on the deck. I would put some string lights on the deck near the hot tub (if you don’t already have them) as well. Try to get a bit closer and angle towards the corner where the hot tub is. Try moving the red bench so it’s more visible in the shot for a pop of color (there’s a lot of gray to breakup). Twilight shots at slight up angle with sky (top 1/3 of photo if possible) do really well as cover photos.

Cover photo - retake at twilight all lights onCover photo - retake at twilight all lights on

Living Room Photo

Retake photo after turning on TV and light fire in fireplace

Fire Pit Photo

I would retake the photo at twilight/evening with fire going in the fire pit

Checkout Instructions in House Rules?

I would remove checkout instructions from House Rules. You want to minimize how much text is in House Rules if you can. There is a new checkout instructions section on the listing page. Most hosts will also add instructions to their scheduled checkout message sent one day prior to check-out. Some hosts also post written checkout instructions in the property somewhere and in the House Manual.

I would take out the ALL CAPS in the wording about damages. ALL CAPS indicates shouting. It might scare a potential guest from booking. Maybe say something like, “During your stay, if you find something damaged, or not working, please let us know right away so we can take care of it! Don’t wait until after you checkout to tell us. We want all our guests to enjoy a fantastic stay!

Add a Host Guidebook

It’s really helpful if guests can get recommendations from the host for the most popular destinations, restaurants and activities in the area. Some hosts send the Guidebook using the + sign in messaging/share recommendations. Your Host Guidebook will appear there after you create it and you can attach when messaging guests.

You can attach Host Guidebook to Messages using (+) sign/share recommendationsYou can attach Host Guidebook to Messages using (+) sign/share recommendations

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1

@Tom3834 Beautiful cabin and the décor and furnishings inside are awesome! I like how you staged the table. A few ideas to try below. If you don’t see an uptick in bookings, you can always change it back, or try other tweaks. Other hosts can offer some ideas as well. Below is probably more detail than you wanted 🙂

Title

Try “Treehaus Cabin w Hot Tub/Fireplace” 

Cabin in the title might help and I think the fireplace is probably more of a draw than the firepit. You can comment on the luxurious interior in the description.

Cover Photo

Make the photo attached below as your cover photo for now. See if it makes any difference in your bookings. I would retake the photo from the same position/perspective, but at twilight. Turn on all the lights in the cabin and on the deck. I would put some string lights on the deck near the hot tub (if you don’t already have them) as well. Try to get a bit closer and angle towards the corner where the hot tub is. Try moving the red bench so it’s more visible in the shot for a pop of color (there’s a lot of gray to breakup). Twilight shots at slight up angle with sky (top 1/3 of photo if possible) do really well as cover photos.

Cover photo - retake at twilight all lights onCover photo - retake at twilight all lights on

Living Room Photo

Retake photo after turning on TV and light fire in fireplace

Fire Pit Photo

I would retake the photo at twilight/evening with fire going in the fire pit

Checkout Instructions in House Rules?

I would remove checkout instructions from House Rules. You want to minimize how much text is in House Rules if you can. There is a new checkout instructions section on the listing page. Most hosts will also add instructions to their scheduled checkout message sent one day prior to check-out. Some hosts also post written checkout instructions in the property somewhere and in the House Manual.

I would take out the ALL CAPS in the wording about damages. ALL CAPS indicates shouting. It might scare a potential guest from booking. Maybe say something like, “During your stay, if you find something damaged, or not working, please let us know right away so we can take care of it! Don’t wait until after you checkout to tell us. We want all our guests to enjoy a fantastic stay!

Add a Host Guidebook

It’s really helpful if guests can get recommendations from the host for the most popular destinations, restaurants and activities in the area. Some hosts send the Guidebook using the + sign in messaging/share recommendations. Your Host Guidebook will appear there after you create it and you can attach when messaging guests.

You can attach Host Guidebook to Messages using (+) sign/share recommendationsYou can attach Host Guidebook to Messages using (+) sign/share recommendations