Potential Guests

Answered!
Ingrid778
Level 2
West Vancouver, Canada

Potential Guests

Hello

Just wondering as  a new host, how will I be notified that I have a potential guest? Do I just check my messages on the airbnb site from time to time, or will I be notified by email? 

Thanks

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Ingrid778 you will, if set up correctly, get a text, a message on the Airbnb app and an email. The sound the app plays is useful as it is exciting to see what length of booking you have got. Sending a message back to the guest thanking them for the booking usually encourages them to message you with why they are coming.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Ingrid778 you will, if set up correctly, get a text, a message on the Airbnb app and an email. The sound the app plays is useful as it is exciting to see what length of booking you have got. Sending a message back to the guest thanking them for the booking usually encourages them to message you with why they are coming.

Thank you for the info Mike and Jane. Really appreciate it!

Cheers

ingrid

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

You will get a message (like @Mike-And-Jane0  said below) and when you response with a welcoming message, is usually when they ask further questions.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @Ingrid778 ,

Welcome to the Airbnb Community Center! Hope the suggestion from Fred and Mike below were helpful to you.

I am also linking a few articles that I think would help you get a brief idea of what you can follow to communicate with guests effectively : 

👉The basics of communicating with guests 

👉How to read and send messages 

👉 Managing guest messages 

I hope this helps. Do let us know how is your Hosting journey going so far!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines