Prep time

Nick-And-Helen0
Level 2
Avalon Beach, Australia

Prep time

We have had on two occasions a situation where a guest has been able to book over our prep time. The first time I contacted AirBNB and they said it was our fault as we must have accidentally unblocked the days, however, it has just happened again and we had already double checked that the custom setting were in place. Has this happened to anyone else?

9 Replies 9
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

I am assuming 'custom setting' means some kind of auto moves done by some rule set. I do everything 'manually' in the calendar for I have found mistakes made in it lead to a lot of hassles, with Airbnb and the guests. Not worth it.

Thanks Fred, great advice!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

It most likely isn't your fault. I have had this happen at least 8 times. Where Airbnb accepted bookings on days I have blocked out.

I call them insist they have accepted a booking on days blocked out before a stay. They then check at their end and have always cancelled penalty free.

Thanks Helen, so annoying. Will contact AirBNB again today

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Nick-And-Helen0 not sure if my reply will be helpful in your situation. I do not except same-day reservations. I have been told by Airbnb that means I I will not get anything booked after a certain hour the day before. Because if somebody makes a reservation at 11:30 PM the day before they arrive and I’m already in bed, I wake up to it and it makes for the same day reservation. I did wake up to a reservation a few times, and they removed those after a phone call. Eventually I came across somebody who said it meant midnight, they don’t know which time zone - mine, guest’s, Airbnb‘s. Can your situation be similar and there are some sort of unknown conditions to that day?

Hi Inna, that is a s possibility because both booking have been from UK and we are in Australia 

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Nick-And-Helen0   Under your calendar availability, what is your Advance notice set to?  Mine is set to 7 days so I don't get any bookings that are within 7 days of today and I have never had any preparation time mishaps.  

Anytime that an error like this happens to you, just keep hammering on AirBnB to fix it without penalty to you.  CS doesn't know what the programmers are doing, and they are making changes all the time without, IMO, paying attention to where a change may break another area of the website.

Thank you Lorna that makes a lot of sense. We have contacted AIRBNB CS about it and they claim it must have been our fault/ error. I will get on to them again today.

Thank you for your help

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Nick-And-Helen0  yes it happens with one of my listings lately (like a few weeks)

For example, now is 8:50 PM and I just realized someone can still book for today even though I have 1 day preparation time

To make things worse - my check-in time is set until 7 PM!