Pricing assistance

Pricing assistance

Hello,

I have a listing in small town, South Africa with which I desperately need help with setting up the pricing. Our town is extremely busy over peak seasons and then pretty dead during low seasons so there is quite a big change in seasonal rates.

This is the breakdown of what we want to the pricing to look like: 

High Season
15 November -> 15 January
R5000/night
Minimum 7 night stay
No bookings that cover both Christmas and New Year unless at least 14 nights
Fixed rate for the entire house - no extra per guest charges

Mid Season
15 January -> 15 March
1 October - 15 November, Easter Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday
R3500/night - 1-2 people
Plus R350/pp/pn for guests 3->6
Minimum 2 night stay

Low season
Rates for 2 people:
2 nights = R2500/night
3 nights = R2000/night
4 nights = R1750/night
5 or more nights = R1500/night
Plus R350/pp/pn for guests 3->6

Can anyone advise if this is even possible to set up on Airbnb and if so, how I need to do it? 

Link to my listing for those that want to have a look: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/577241792969473936?check_in=2024-04-22&check_out=2024-04-27&guests=1&ad...

Thank you

2 Replies 2
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Cassandra359, welcome to the Airbnb Community Center.

Have you been able to find help elsewhere? I am reaching out to our Host @Joan2709  to see if she would like to offer some suggestions here.

All the best,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hi @Cassandra359 

That is quite the list! 

Addl Guests Fee (3-6 guests)

There is no way to vary the addl guest fee by date (that I am aware of). I would simply set your addl guest fee after 2 guests to whatever you want. Looks like you want to use 350 per person/night for guests 3-6. However, the addl guest fee will apply to ALL reservations. If you want to adjust that for your 14day stays over Christmas & New Years, you'll have to adjust your price to accomodate that, or you could refund the addl guest fees if someone books those nights.  

Joan2709_0-1714441441266.png

Seasonal Pricing

You can create custom Trip Length Discounts based on minimum night stays on your calendar under pricing. I believe this is just a percentage off your listed price (not a dollar amount) so you'll have to do the calculation. Just be aware that Early Bird and Last Minute Discounts will "stack" on top of whatever custom length of stay discounts you create. This could cause a lower price than you intended.

Joan2709_1-1714441655337.png

Pro Tools & Rule Sets

You can also turn on Pro Tools and create a Rule Set to apply to specific dates on your calendar for length of stay discounts.