Pricing for large group renting more than one listing

Answered!
Karla616
Level 1
Fennimore, WI

Pricing for large group renting more than one listing

Hi, 

I've been hosting on Airbnb for awhile now and have never had someone ask about renting multiple listings at once so was hoping for some pricing pointers or any kind of help would be appreciated. I have a property that has 4 cabins on it. All 4 cabins are different size and all have different prices. I just had an inquiry about renting all 4 of the cabins at once for a larger group coming in late August. Any suggestions on what kind of a discount I should maybe offer or anything. 

Thanks in advance,

Karla 

1 Best Answer
Patti-And-Marty0
Level 10
East Fremantle, Australia

@Karla616 are they asking for a discount?  Some things to consider:

What is the purpose of their gathering and the ages of the group? You don't want to discount only to be left with an even bigger cleaning job than normal.

Would you likely rent all 4 cabins anyway? 

Is having all 4 cabins occupied less work for you, or more? 

How long is the stay? I don't do any discounts anymore but I only have one place. A longer stay discount to me doesn't work, there is much more wear and tear.  I love the weekenders!

Often the guest asking for a discount is the one you want to avoid because they will feel entitled to other perks as well. 

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Patti-And-Marty0
Level 10
East Fremantle, Australia

@Karla616 are they asking for a discount?  Some things to consider:

What is the purpose of their gathering and the ages of the group? You don't want to discount only to be left with an even bigger cleaning job than normal.

Would you likely rent all 4 cabins anyway? 

Is having all 4 cabins occupied less work for you, or more? 

How long is the stay? I don't do any discounts anymore but I only have one place. A longer stay discount to me doesn't work, there is much more wear and tear.  I love the weekenders!

Often the guest asking for a discount is the one you want to avoid because they will feel entitled to other perks as well. 

Thank you for your response. The guest did ask if there was a discount but didn't press the issue. It would be a family reunion so a variety of ages from children to elderly. I appreciate your questions they definitely made me do some thinking that I may not have done to start

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Karla616 I would consider a very small or zero discount unless it is low season. You could also consider a 5th listing that combines all the cabins so that large groups can find you easily.

Thank you so much. Doing a fifth listing with all my cabins in one is a great idea. I would have never thought of that. 

Debbie210
Level 10
Huntington Beach, CA

Hi Karla, 

I would not offer a discount. They get 4 cabins side by side.  How fun is that!!
I only offer a discount when a guest will book for a month or longer stay. 
I don’t think you’ll lose their potential stay, because you have the 4 separate cabins, in one location! 

Sorry for the delayed response. I never thought of it that way so thank you very much for your input on the situation. It is greatly appreciated.