Pricing

Pricing

My Airbnb is in Downtown Brunswick, Ga. I have been keeping up with the cleaning to keep the cost down, however with bookings happening more frequently and the fact that I live over 3 hours away, it’s taking a lot of time away from my family and is really putting the mileage on my car and the gas prices are not helping. I’m finding cleaners in my area charge $85-$100 bare minimum. My 3 bedroom 2 bathroom Airbnb house is on average $140 per night (I use Airbnb’s Smart Pricing tool) with the cleaning fee of $15. Obviously, I need to go up on the fee, but I don’t want to price gouge my guests, and I still have the mortgage to pay along with the utilities, amenities, and my daughter’s college tuition. Any advice?

3 Replies 3

Hi @Angela3945 

The general rule of thumb I have seen is $50/bathroom & $35/bedroom. That said the average cleaning fee for 3bdr/2bath is just under $200. I would increase your nightly rate & maybe charge $175-$185 cleaning fee. Also see what similar listings are charging for cleaning fee.

You definitely need quality cleaners. 

Miranda132
Level 2
Vancouver, WA

Hi @Angela3945 

$15 for cleaning is way too cheap! Just do a little research in your area and see what your competition is charging. Its not price gouging to make your guests pay their fair share. You even stated all your overhead bills, like mortgage, internet, everything you provide. Cleaning is separate because it is a separate cost. I agree with @Joan2709 that a typically 3bdr/2bath home is under $200. I cannot get a Cleaner in my area of Portland for less than $150, that is bonded and insured. I used to do it myself so I understand that commitment and hard work you are putting in. You deserve to be compensated appropriately. I personally charge about $85 cleaning fee for a 2 night stay, and charge $120 for anything more than 2 nights. Again, look in your area to see what most homes are charging around you for 2 nights versus longer, consider your costs, and adapt. Best of luck!

Andres644
Level 3
Bauan, Philippines

Hi @Angela3945 

You should do a study in your area about pricing rates, occupancy, and cleaning fees. I've been using Pricelabs for over two years now, and I've seen a whopping 20% increase in my earnings! 

** It'll give you some valuable insights into factors like cleaning fees, occupancy rates, and average pricing in your area.

Plus, they offer a 30-day free trial – no strings attached! If you don't see a boost in your revenue during that time, you can simply erase your account. And the best part? You don't even need to provide any card details to get started.

Hope you find this helpful! Let me know if you have any questions. 😊

**[Link removed in line with Community Center Guidelines