Pricing

Answered!

Pricing

Good morning,

When my sister and I began hosting at the beginning of last year we decided to set our own pricing. Things have been going well, and our self-pricing has been fine. However, we're now wondering if we should switch over to smart-pricing to keep our cost more accurate with the time of the week/seasons.

Please advise when you can,  and thank you for your time.

Regards,

Leigh

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Leigh625 Smart pricing seems quite dumb to me. Sadly you cannot vary the min/max by season so you willl end up losing bookings in low season and money in high season as your min/max have to suit both (and they can't).

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Leigh625 Smart pricing seems quite dumb to me. Sadly you cannot vary the min/max by season so you willl end up losing bookings in low season and money in high season as your min/max have to suit both (and they can't).

We do not use smart pricing to set our rates, as @Mike-And-Jane0  point out, it is not a tool that will maximize host earnings.

Only very infrequently do we  turn on smart pricing, and only for a couple of days, when:

1. We have a few odd nights open; and we want to fill in…

2. Test marketing to visitor clicks.

VRBO at one time had a great pricing tool for hosts; which we often found very helpful to set rates, not sure if they still have this available.