Property listing got blocked for no reason

Answered!

Property listing got blocked for no reason

Hello Airbnb,

My property has been receiving 4.91 average rating on Airbnb, but it was suddenly blocked for no reason. Now the listing https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/693263411656536863 can't be accessed by the public user anymore, as the link doesn't open. However there is absolutely nothing wrong with the property and my guest rating has been consistently positive. I deeply believe Airbnb made a mistake by blocking the listing. Could you please investigate at your earliest convenience? At least you need to provide a reason as to why you blocked my listing?

Thanks,

Amy

1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Amy2476 ! You have received some good pieces of advice from our experienced Host members Gwen and Mike!

Did you happen to reach out to your property manager and check what it says in the Insights>listing issues tab? 

It would also be a good idea to reach out to the Customer Support team directly or ask the main account owner of your listing to do so. (as you seem to have a guest profile). The Customer Support team would have better tools to look on what may have caused the block on the listing.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Amy2476 you need to contact customer support although they will probably be less helpful than the folks here in what is a community centre. Almost certainly a guest has complained. If you go to insights and then listing issues you may find out why.

Thank you for your helpful response, Mike-and-Jane. I am the property owner, not the host. A property management company hosts my listing. Therefore I am unable to see the insights

@Amy2476 Then I would check and see if the property manager's other listings are still visible. If they or  their staff have done something naughty it may be that all their listings have been suspended.

In future it is far better if property managers set you as the host and themselves as co-hosts. That way you can change manager without losing all your reviews and also your property will not be suspended for other property/peoples issues.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Amy2476 ! You have received some good pieces of advice from our experienced Host members Gwen and Mike!

Did you happen to reach out to your property manager and check what it says in the Insights>listing issues tab? 

It would also be a good idea to reach out to the Customer Support team directly or ask the main account owner of your listing to do so. (as you seem to have a guest profile). The Customer Support team would have better tools to look on what may have caused the block on the listing.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hello Bhumika,

Thank you for the ping. After working with Airbnb for 2+ weeks, my property management company was able to get the suspected listings reactivated. There is nothing wrong with my listing or other ones, and it seems that Airbnb made a mistake in suspending them. However, there is a new problem: my listing now lost the “Superhost” label in search results, although my property management company’s superhost status did not change. Further, as Airbnb rolled out “Guest favorite” labels while my listing was suspended, my listing lost this label too, although it has a 4.91 aggregated rating and no individual rating below 4. @Bhumika, could you please let the operations team know that they need to reactivate “superhost” and “guest favorite” label for listings like mine, which was suspended by Airbnb by mistake?

Thank you,

Amy

Cristina2768
Level 2
Playa del Carmen, Mexico

My name is Cristina **, and I am a super host of a property in Mexico. It happened over 10 days ago that a guest who checked out on March 30th called Airbnb and raised a public safety issue, alleging that the on-site manager was drunk and dressed inappropriately. The lady is elderly and probably has nerve issues because my client, who rented the house with her, said that nothing actually happened. Unfortunately, due to this unfounded and defamatory call, our manager, whose only fault was returning from a beach walk with his dogs and wearing shorts, had four of our properties blocked. Despite my response and providing objective evidence, including a statement from the client who rented the house, expressing regret that her mother-in-law made this baseless complaint, none of it has had any effect. No one has responded, and my properties are still blocked. I find this behavior disgraceful since the only one unjustly suffering the consequences is me, causing me financial harm without any justification. It’s shameful.

**[Sensitive information removed inline with Community Center Guidelines] 

Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

@Amy2476 There is always a reason a listing is blocked or suspended, even if Airbnb doesn’t communicate the reason(s) quickly. Some possible reasons are:

*Undisclosed camera/video security system

*Listing not accurate

*An amenity not working

*Neighbor complaint

*Illegal rental

*Any kind of infestation—bug, rodent, mold

*rental not really, really clean

And as @Mike-And-Jane0 noted—a guest complaint. 

There are other reasons but I can’t list them all. 

Also, I notice that your profile page is not set up. I recommend you do that as soon as possible. 

Thank you for your helpful response, Gwen. I am the property owner, not the host. A property management company hosts my listing.