Question about dashboards (view same as host)

Question about dashboards (view same as host)

Hi,

Is it possible for a property owner to hand over their property to be run by a lettings agency, but be able to track occupancy via either the same dashboard  the lettings agency have within airbnb or some some sort of 'other' dashboard also in airbnb (a sort of 'cake and eat it' move ).

I looked at setting the property up as a new lettings (with me as host) but suspect it will confuse matters since it already exists as a lettable property.

Its not that I am lacking trust, but at present all I can see is the view presented to prospective tenants, i.e. from the currently month +2 onward. Ideally I would like to be able to compare the statement from the lettings company against Airbnb's own stats.

Hopefully this makes sense. Thanks if you take the time to respond.

Brgds

3 Replies 3
Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Nick2581 hi Nick ,I am not sure what type of 'letting ' agency has your Airbnb listing . Letting agencies do not generally , where I live anyway, deal with Airbnb homes but if this is the case then going on as a co host should allow you to see bookings as they come in , with prices guests etcetera.then you simply ask for a printout of all guests and stays , monthly if you wish .the important thing would be which account monies are paid into . all that should be open and transparent , if not then remove your home from this 'agency' or clarify the position to your satisfaction . All the best H

Thanks Helen,

I trust the people running the flat for me (related, actually), but since we (I) am new to the whole Airbnb gig, would like to keep a closer eye on things. Can I set myself up as a co-host without causing an issue for the existing host? - I don't want to risk messing up the lettings agency setup by jumping in with both feet. My worry is that if I use the accommodation/location details etc that I'll either boot them off or cause a conflict. You see my dilemma !

If there is no issues that i would really appreciate a steer on how to set it up

Kind Regards - Nick

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Nick2581 

You should never let anyone friend or airbnb management company set up your listing under their profile.

You should set the listing up under your name so you can see the bookings, correspondence between guest, fee income etc.

You then add the company managing the listing for you as a cohost, which gives them the access they need to manage your property for you.  When you set up the listing you set up payments so that you are paid for the stay and you can allocate your cohost payment for whatever commission you have agreed the cohost should be paid.

Really it is the cohost you are paying for support who should answer these questions for you 🙂

You then have the reviews under your name and can take over management of your listing if you are not happy with the service they provide.