Question about legal name on the listing

Jason1900
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Question about legal name on the listing

Hi, just want to ask if anyone hase thr same problem as mine.  The city of Toronto just revoked my listing because the name on the listing does not match the name on the licence.  The name on my listing is way back to 2016 which I used my nick name. So my listing show my nick name.  Right now the city of Toronto ask thr legal name has to be on the listing. So I changed the name on my account but the name on the listing does not change with it.  But I have a friend who just doing airbnb host and he signed up last year.  so his account is new and when he change the name in his account, the name on the listing change with it.  I called the airbnb support and they sent this to the tech team and told me this will be resolved in 24 hours.  But the problem is still there as for now.  I called the support again to ask when this will revolve and this time they answer me don't know how long is gonna take.  I just want to ask if anyone experience the same problem.  I also asked them if I can create a new account and then transfer my current listing my my new account and they said i cannot.  Only way is to wait the response from their tech team.  I am afraid of maybe the tech team never response. what should I do then?

4 Replies 4
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Jason1900 

Have you heard anything back about this yet?

If not, let us know, and we'll see if we can help.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

No @Jenny . They did not fix it. The replied me last week said their technician found the problem in the system but they have no idea how long is gonna take to fix it. So they just hung me there. I followed this up yesterday and today, they do not even response me anymore. Looks like  they could not fix this problem and choose to ignore me. I don't know what should I now. I would be really appreciated if you can help me to speed this up a bit. Thanks.

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Thanks for letting me know @Jason1900 - sorry the issue is still ongoing.

I've passed the details over to our bugs team to see if they can help with this.

I'll update you as soon as I know more.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Thank you so much. It is been 2 weeks already