RV lot rental

Answered!

RV lot rental

I am new at this.  I have a piece of property that has a well, electricity and septic.  I would like to rent it out as an RV lot.  I have my first guest coming this weekend and am very excited.  I would like to rent it as a weekend lot or up to a seasonal lot.  I don't see a lot of this type of listing so looking for advice.

1 Best Answer
Ed-And-Terry0
Level 3
Los Angeles, CA

Faye172

Here is how to set up your listing as a campsite under Property Type per David's instructions:Screenshot 2023-07-19 at 4.07.16 PM.png

View Best Answer in original post

19 Replies 19
Dawn241
Level 10
Sierra Vista, AZ

I rented an RV space on Airbnb a couple of years ago in Sonoita AZ. We didn’t make it as something wasn’t working on our RV (I forget what it was but if you’ve ever owned an RV you know something is always broken) and we couldn’t get boarding for our doberman. Check Tucson AZ and Sonoita/Elgin AZ for some examples. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You can't offer rental lots  on Airbnb you have to offer physical accommodation @Faye172  I am sure there are other websites in your area that you could you if you just want to rent space for hire.

I have has several inquiries and have a reservation already made.  I have not heard anything from Airbnb regarding my listing being illegal.  There are also tent sites listed so I'm pretty sure listing my lot for an RV is ok.  

@Faye172 someone will eventually complain that you have said the RV has a bedroom and sleeps 6. People do not read the text carefully I am afraid. Your listing probably has not been flagged because of you saying there is a bedroom etc. 

That info was required.  Not sure how to not list berms and bathrms?

@Faye172 I think you have made the point that @Helen3 was making. Yes the information on bedrooms/bathrooms/beds is required because beds/bathrooms/ bedrooms are required. You don't have any so technically you shouldn't have a listing I am afraid.

See David's reply above. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

That's because you have set up a misleading listing. You have said you are offering a space that accommodates 6 people which is clearly not true. You aren't offering any accommodation at all.

As you clearly don't believe seasoned hosts here why not call Airbnb and check with them @Faye172 

I didnt say I didn't believe seasoned hosts.  I'm looking for advice not reprimanded for not knowing what was wrong with my listing.  I see tent sites listed also.  Apparently Airbnb is not the way to go for me.

David is correct. Airbnb now allows renting vacant campsites. I know that there is conflicting information in the Help Center, but I confirmed it with Airbnb and if you select the options David detailed, you can list vacant land. 

Screenshot 2023-07-19 at 4.07.16 PM.png

Thank you so much.  

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Good afternoon @Faye172 

I am sorry for the confusion that some of my fellow host contributers may have provided here and they might not just be up to date on this question.

You can actually list a vacant campsite now on Airbnb.  When you list your listing, choose “Unique Space” under “what is most like your place”. You can then choose “Campsite” from the second drop-down menu, Property type.  This was also confirmed by a fellow Airbnb Comunity Expert friend of mine who discussed this with Airbnb.

Happy hosting @Faye172 

David

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Thank you for clarifying.  That is very helpful.  I will make those changes to alleviate any confusion.