Remote Entry into Gated Community

Patti262
Level 2
Auburndale, FL

Remote Entry into Gated Community

So we decided to give our remote to our Gate for our One Room Airbnb.  We are of course going to add the information that it must be returned and left in the room or be charged $100.00 Stolen/Lost fee. 

Reason:  People in the HOA community think that giving out our code is a bad idea so we figure this might be a safer alternative to keep everyone happy. 

Share your thoughts.  Thank you in advance. 

7 Replies 7
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Patti262 Not a bad idea, worth trying till further notice (aka they loose the darn remote and then collecting for it gets tricky).

@Fred13 Well per Airbnb i shouldnt have an issue.  Praying.  

anyone have trouble with their TV remotes getting lost? For the next renter

We have not had an issue but i did use 3M and put the one out on the Lanai on the fridge so it velcros up and out of the way.  I would hope they would put it back but no issues so far. 

Yes I am sure.  I keep saying it might be a pain but we will put a big sign on the door and I will send out an automated reminder. 

Laura5961
Level 5
Mamaroneck, NY

That’s a good idea! Is the $100 what HOA would charge for a replacement?

Seems like what other AirBnBs do for beach passes and parking passed.

Best of luck!

Honestly we have not checked we are just using one of ours since we have an application on our phone so we figured this would keep the HOA happy that we are not giving the code out.  We will see how it works.