Renting a room without permit

Answered!
Hassan273
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Renting a room without permit

I'm exploring renting my entire 2 bedroom 2 bath home on Airbnb, however I am currently blocked given pending STR city approval.

I'm curious how I can start renting a room in my home immediately without the city approval requirement. 

My understanding is that you can do so as long as guests can book at least 31 days. Is this accurate? 

How can I get my listing for just a room asap? 

1 Best Answer
Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

@Hassan273  It is extremely important that you don’t try to skirt around any STR city requirements. Not only can that get you booted off the airbnb platform, you could possibly be saddled with heavy city fines. 

So, why not start out on the right foot. Do your due diligence and research the laws and regulations for your city regarding STRs. Work on getting all your eyes dotted and your tees crossed. This link may get you headed in the right direction. And, good luck to you. 

https://www.lodgify.com/guides/short-term-rental-rules-california/#:~:text=Meet%20the%20City%20Requi....

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

@Hassan273  It is extremely important that you don’t try to skirt around any STR city requirements. Not only can that get you booted off the airbnb platform, you could possibly be saddled with heavy city fines. 

So, why not start out on the right foot. Do your due diligence and research the laws and regulations for your city regarding STRs. Work on getting all your eyes dotted and your tees crossed. This link may get you headed in the right direction. And, good luck to you. 

https://www.lodgify.com/guides/short-term-rental-rules-california/#:~:text=Meet%20the%20City%20Requi....

Thanks for these notes.  I definitely don't want to break the rules or do anything non compliant. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

To be fair in your opening post you asked how you can rent your room without city approval @Hassan273 Which of course would be 'breaking the rules' 

[