Requesting Critique for My Listing -AMANIS, (in Federal-Way, WA)

Answered!

Requesting Critique for My Listing -AMANIS, (in Federal-Way, WA)

Hello everyone!

We are just starting out as new hosts.

We Would love it if you could look into our listing AMANIS and share any tips, ideas, advice, recommendations,... any critique will help on how to draw some bookings.

Listing's link: https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/1009101002695017626

Looking forward to hearing some suggestions!

A&M @AMANIS.

[Listing's link added by OCM]

1 Best Answer
Lorina14
Level 10
Bellevue, WA

Hi @Amanis1!

I will look up your listing under your profile but it may be helpful to post the link to your listing right in your initial post.

Here are some suggestions for you:

1) You may want to consider a short brief inviting title - it is a bit unclear if this is a room in a house or are you renting all 3 rooms in the house?

If so, you will need to create separate listings for each room that you listed. You can use the same common pics for common places but the listing needs to differentiate each too. You may want to use different titles like tranquil room with queen bed or garden view room with queen bed to differentiate one room from the other.

2) If you are renting separate rooms in the house, I recommend you to get a lock with a key for each room. I’ve rented a room in the past and they didn’t have locks and I recommended that they install locks to safeguard your personal items when you are away. 

I’ve also rented rooms with a key to my designated bedroom which was great!

3) Please consider adding some pieces of art or pictures on the walls, the walls are all white and not inviting. 

4) You may want to add pictures of windows open with sunlight coming through. 

5) You may want to consider adding more pillows and a fluffier comforter to the bed. People love pillows. I have 4 queen pillows and two oversized (26”) pillows on the bed for people to use/move around as it pleases them.

6) You may want to include a plant (peace lily’s, bamboo, African violets do well and are low maintenance) to some pics.

7) It is helpful to state what parks are nearby (how many miles away, how long to walk or drive) as this will prevent you from answering these questions from potential guests.

Listing the time it takes to get to common attractions (wild waves, a mall, the nearest freeway, the airport, is helpful too).

I would also recommend listing the bus lines that are closest to your house.

Let me know if you have any other questions.  

View Best Answer in original post

10 Replies 10
Lorina14
Level 10
Bellevue, WA

Hi @Amanis1!

I will look up your listing under your profile but it may be helpful to post the link to your listing right in your initial post.

Here are some suggestions for you:

1) You may want to consider a short brief inviting title - it is a bit unclear if this is a room in a house or are you renting all 3 rooms in the house?

If so, you will need to create separate listings for each room that you listed. You can use the same common pics for common places but the listing needs to differentiate each too. You may want to use different titles like tranquil room with queen bed or garden view room with queen bed to differentiate one room from the other.

2) If you are renting separate rooms in the house, I recommend you to get a lock with a key for each room. I’ve rented a room in the past and they didn’t have locks and I recommended that they install locks to safeguard your personal items when you are away. 

I’ve also rented rooms with a key to my designated bedroom which was great!

3) Please consider adding some pieces of art or pictures on the walls, the walls are all white and not inviting. 

4) You may want to add pictures of windows open with sunlight coming through. 

5) You may want to consider adding more pillows and a fluffier comforter to the bed. People love pillows. I have 4 queen pillows and two oversized (26”) pillows on the bed for people to use/move around as it pleases them.

6) You may want to include a plant (peace lily’s, bamboo, African violets do well and are low maintenance) to some pics.

7) It is helpful to state what parks are nearby (how many miles away, how long to walk or drive) as this will prevent you from answering these questions from potential guests.

Listing the time it takes to get to common attractions (wild waves, a mall, the nearest freeway, the airport, is helpful too).

I would also recommend listing the bus lines that are closest to your house.

Let me know if you have any other questions.  

Thank You Lorina!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Lorina14 and @Amanis1, I have just added the listing's link in the post to make it easier for our lovely Host community to share their feedback 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Thank You for that link Paula!

Thank You so much Lorina!

We really Appreciate your taking the time to look at our listing and making  note of areas we can improve on.

we will be working on your suggestions.

We are Looking foreword to growing along w/ this hosting community.

BLESSINGS!

Hi @Amanis1,

You’re welcome! Glad I could help some - let me know if you have any other questions or let us know when you update the pics and we can give some feedback. 

Have a great weekend! 

Juanita130
Level 2
Barnesville, MD

Hi, As a new host myself, I think it’s the “shared bathroom” that will be a turn-off. Simply my honest opinion viewing from a prospective guest’s perspective. Best, Juanita https://www.airbnb.com/h/suite-simon-farm-stay-in-md. I’d welcome any critique in return! *Community Center response. 

Hi Juanita!

we are open to hearing your suggestions on ways to word / phrase that aspect of our home. we have three-bedrooms and one bathroom. so the guests will not have an en-suite bathroom each w/in their individual bedrooms.

what ideas do you have on how to ensure that is clear to [prospective guests w/out indicating that the bathroom is 'shared'?  

@Amanis1,

I’ve stayed in rooms with a shared bathroom. This should be clear in the listing so guests know what to expect.

I know when I stayed with a host who rented out 2 rooms, we all shared the bathroom. We had keys to our bedrooms, and each guest had color coded towels. I kept my towel in my room and brought it to the bathroom when I needed it.

All I needed to know was what was everyone’s schedule (AM shower or EVE showers, who gets ready when so I could plan better). Funny thing was there was never a problem because our host got up really early (5-6am) so by the time I needed it at 7am it was free and all I needed was a bathroom visit, brush my teeth, wash my face and put my makeup on. So I was out in 15-20min. The other guest had a completely different schedule. So long people are made aware in the listing, there should be no problem.

Thanks Lorina!

i was wondering about what to do re: our towels b/c they are all white; so your idea of color-coding reaffirms my thoughts; i will make some changes there too... 👍🏽