Review

Jo271
Level 2
Jackson, MS

Review

I wonder if anyone have tried having a guest lying on the review yet Airbnb will not remove the review because it doesn't violate their review standard even if we as host can provide proof. Any suggestions on how to tackle this kind of unfair practice by Airbnb? Thank you.

5 Replies 5
Normen0
Level 10
Canada

@Jo271 Been there, as have many hosts.  Calls and messages to AIRBNB CS have been a waste of time. Serious changes need to be made to protect good hosts from bad guests giving revenge reviews.  I have no other suggestions. 

@Normen0 Thank you. Would it be possible for hosts to file a petition for Airbnb to change their review policies where host will also be protected because even if the guest will make  false accusations as long us the words being used is not profane, that will still be acceptable in the based on Airbnb point of view.

@Jo271  The question would be better answered by @Admin1 or any Admin than myself.  There is a lot of upset hosts and I’ve read rumour of group action. 

@Normen0 Let's join the group so that it will be more host to take action against them. Airbnb review policy is really unfair and what's the use of having their so-called dispute department if the people in that department can't do anything about it.

@Jo271   Just glancing at your recent reviews, several of them are somewhat critical, so I can't tell which one you're talking about. But you'd be severely overestimating Airbnb's customer service operation if you think it has staffers who would be qualified to evaluate your "evidence" and litigate reviews for truthfulness. It's a lost cause.

Best thing you can do is post a professional response, directed at your prospective guests, that corrects any misleading details. Guests can decide for themselves how credible they feel an individual review is, in the context of your many others, so censorship is hardly a solution.