Rooms & Spaces in new winter edition

Answered!

Rooms & Spaces in new winter edition

I moved to the new winter edition of airbnb and can no longer find the Rooms & Spaces section where one added number of rooms etc. Any idea how I can get to that page or even revert to the older version which was so much more user friendly.

Thanks

1 Best Answer

Hello @Monisha14 

This problem of having the order of our bedrooms reversed was reported in October of this year.  So although my bedroom 1 should be the master suite, it is in fact shown under my listing as bedroom 2.  I've tried deleting the photos and putting them back but to no avail as the photos of bedroom 1 correspond to the master but somehow this gets switched when guests view the listing.

From the link to the conversation on the CC, you'll see that @Bhumika  has forwarded our complaints to the tech department but the problem remains.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Ask-about-your-listing/Where-you-ll-sleep-quot-section-order-rev...

You can edit all the photos that appear on your listing by adding/removing/commenting/amenities etc but only the first five photos of your listing can be switched around to move their order.  If some of the photos have been put in the wrong room then simply delete them and they will come back into the photo gallery and then reselect them and add them to the correct room.

The actual order of the rooms is also fixed for now but a number of hosts have asked for that order to be freely movable so that hosts who have a great exterior for example can highlight that first rather than see the lounge area.  A lot of comments have been left on the "Explore the upgrades in the Airbnb 2023 Winter release" if you want to see what other hosts have been saying.

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Patricia2526
Level 10
Manila, Philippines

Hello @Monisha14

Just tap on your “Listing tab” and you will be able to see your “Listing editor” from there you will be able to edit.

The Listing editor is divided into two sections:
Your Space:  is where you manage your listing page and add details about your home.
Arrival Guide:  is where you add the details guests need before they check in.

Hope this helps.

Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Monisha14 

Just to add to @Patricia2526 explanation, once you are on your listing editor which is divided into two frames, on the right hand side you should see "Photo tour"  and top right hand side you have "all photos" and then a "+" (plus sign)

Click on the plus sign and you have two options:

==> add photos

==> add a room or space

Click on the second option and you'll see some great new room options come up and from here you'll see "bedroom" that you can create for example.  Then you can add type of bed provided and other amenities available for that bedroom which I find really helpful.

Hope this helps,

Joëlle

Hi Patricia & Joelle - thank you for your responses. 
I am actually looking to edit the existing rooms and spaces as the photo tour has messed up and moved my master bedroom to room 3. 

Is there any way to access the listing of all the spaces currently on it and edit? Currently the only way out seems to be by going into each room in the photo tour and trying to switch them out.

If not, then it is quite sad as this is super frustrating.
Thanks
Monisha

Hello @Monisha14 

This problem of having the order of our bedrooms reversed was reported in October of this year.  So although my bedroom 1 should be the master suite, it is in fact shown under my listing as bedroom 2.  I've tried deleting the photos and putting them back but to no avail as the photos of bedroom 1 correspond to the master but somehow this gets switched when guests view the listing.

From the link to the conversation on the CC, you'll see that @Bhumika  has forwarded our complaints to the tech department but the problem remains.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Ask-about-your-listing/Where-you-ll-sleep-quot-section-order-rev...

You can edit all the photos that appear on your listing by adding/removing/commenting/amenities etc but only the first five photos of your listing can be switched around to move their order.  If some of the photos have been put in the wrong room then simply delete them and they will come back into the photo gallery and then reselect them and add them to the correct room.

The actual order of the rooms is also fixed for now but a number of hosts have asked for that order to be freely movable so that hosts who have a great exterior for example can highlight that first rather than see the lounge area.  A lot of comments have been left on the "Explore the upgrades in the Airbnb 2023 Winter release" if you want to see what other hosts have been saying.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Monisha14 @Joelle43 , I am not quite sure if this particular solution shared by @Hélène266  is relevant to Monisha's issue, but wanted to share it anyway in case it helped or shared more insights on the trick : https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Ask-about-your-listing/2023-Winter-Release-Room-Naming-Problem/m... .

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi Bhumika, unfirtunately this solution refers to the earlier version where there was a section called rooms and spaces. In the new release there is no such section and hence only option is to go into each individual room and reassign pics depending on what you want as Bedroom 1 etc. Also no way to reorder the pics for each room unlike the previous drag and drop 😞

Thank you Joelle. That is exactly the problem I am experiencing, Good to know it is something already been flagged up for action.

Appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Joanne857
Level 1
Glasgow, United Kingdom

I’m trying to edit my bathroom, as it’s listed as 1.5 & it’s not, when I go onto bathroom on the photo tour, there’s no option for privacy or to change from 1.5 to 1.0, can anyone assist please? 

Hello @Joanne857 

Looks like you've sorted out the problem as your listing is now showing just one bathroom.

Joëlle