SPAM inquiry

Nora50
Level 2
Washington, DC

SPAM inquiry

HELP!  over the past week I have received constant (like 2-3 per day) inquiries that are 'fake' - written in japanese/chinese, message is generic - hi, is your place available, I am coming to your city . . .'   it's a different account each time and different dates - I don't want this to effect my ratings since I am not accepting them but they won't stop.

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Nora50 

inquiries (unlike booking requests) only need a (brief) answer within the 24 hour time limit, That's all.

That way it will not affect your ratings.

Nora50
Level 2
Washington, DC

thanks - but is there some way to stop them?   it's multiple times a day I am getting them. a different account every time and every account joined in October 2022

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Nora50 

I had this before and reported the accounts to Airbnb (using the "report" option on the accounts) .

Also you can report the messages as Spam and then have the option to block the member:

How-do-i-report-a-message-or-block-someone-on-airbnb

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Nora50 

We all get them but not as often as you, recently here in Thailand airbnb has been flagging these accounts, airbnb send us a warning,

Julia3781
Level 2
Seattle, WA

Hi Nora, I'm having this problem now. Were you able to find out anything regarding this? I'm getting several per day and no legitimate requests and am starting to wonder if there's something more i should be doing.

thanks!

Julia