Security cameras policy

Sedric2
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

Security cameras policy

Just want to know what the communities thoughts are on airbnb’s new no security camera policy? I have security camera in the common areas of my home. I feel that it helps to keep the property safe and helps to ensure that guests are doing what is expected of them while in my property. I feel that airbnb has always taken a stance that the guests are more important than the hosts as they seem to always side with the guests rather than the property owners and I feel that this is just another instance of that. Airbnb seems to forget that without hosts there is no Airbnb. Even with security cameras I have found guests on multiple occasions violating the rules set forth in my listing. Including having unauthorized people on my property. Something I would have not known about without the security cameras. These cameras not only provide a level of safety for the hosts but for the guests as well. Not sure where airbnb gets off thinking they can dictate to property owners whether or not a property owner can have security cameras. This seems like over reach to me. Even hotels have security systems in place including cameras in common areas. Guests who rent a property with cameras listed as part of the listing should expect to find cameras in the property! Any thoughts?

1 Reply 1
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Sedric2, I hope everything is well. 

This topic has been frequently discussed by our Hosts. Typing some words into the search bar at the top of the community will help you find some conversations. >>Here<< is an example of a discussion between our Hosts.

I hope this helps.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad