Seeking AirB&B

Answered!

Seeking AirB&B

My name is Shirley Wilton from Ontario. I’ve been invited to a Wedding in Maidstone Kent UK. 

My friend and I would like to stay in the area on or around May 22  2024.

I'm not sure how this site works.

im a very trustworthy person who has worked in a high capacity in government. I’m very respectful and considerate of peoples homes and lives. I enjoy meeting new people. If anyone can offer some advice that would be great.

Sincerely Shirley 

1 Best Answer
Lorina14
Level 10
Bellevue, WA

@Shirley633,

Hello! This is a community of guests and hosts who offer support to each other. If you would like to rent an Airbnb, you would need to go to the platform, or use the Airbnb app, set up a profile for yourself and get verified as a real guest (I think it’s a simple ID check as there are a lot of fake guest profiles they are trying to prevent). 

Then search the city/state/province/country you are looking for an accommodation for and plug in your parameters (number of guests, number of bedrooms, bathrooms, etc) and search through the listings. You can create a wishlist and share this with someone else if you are traveling with others. Some hosts require you to contact them via the app to put a request for booking while others to instant book. Read carefully through the description and see if it satisfies your requirements. 

You can put a potential reservation for a set of dates and check the taxes, airbnb support fees, cleaning fees (many hosts have cleaning fees which can be high if renting a larger space) before you do finally confirm your reservation. 

Please check the cancellation policies of each host as they vary. You can usually cancel without penalty in 48 hours of booking. If there is a flexible cancellation policy you can cancel without penalty up to 24 hours prior to the reservation. Please read the cancellation policies before you book to be sure.

Good luck and happy traveling! 💫

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Lorina14
Level 10
Bellevue, WA

@Shirley633,

Hello! This is a community of guests and hosts who offer support to each other. If you would like to rent an Airbnb, you would need to go to the platform, or use the Airbnb app, set up a profile for yourself and get verified as a real guest (I think it’s a simple ID check as there are a lot of fake guest profiles they are trying to prevent). 

Then search the city/state/province/country you are looking for an accommodation for and plug in your parameters (number of guests, number of bedrooms, bathrooms, etc) and search through the listings. You can create a wishlist and share this with someone else if you are traveling with others. Some hosts require you to contact them via the app to put a request for booking while others to instant book. Read carefully through the description and see if it satisfies your requirements. 

You can put a potential reservation for a set of dates and check the taxes, airbnb support fees, cleaning fees (many hosts have cleaning fees which can be high if renting a larger space) before you do finally confirm your reservation. 

Please check the cancellation policies of each host as they vary. You can usually cancel without penalty in 48 hours of booking. If there is a flexible cancellation policy you can cancel without penalty up to 24 hours prior to the reservation. Please read the cancellation policies before you book to be sure.

Good luck and happy traveling! 💫