Set a discount for bookings of 5 days or more

Answered!

Set a discount for bookings of 5 days or more

Hi folks

I am trying to set a discount on my listing whereby the guest is offered a set discount percentage for any booking of 5 nights or more. Using the professional tools I thought I could just set a discount for each of the options i.e. for 5 nights, 6 nights etc etc but when I set a discount for 5 nights it won't then let me set the same percentage discount for 6 nights or for the weekly (7 nights) options. I can't beleive the discounts need to be a different percentage for each?

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers!

1 Best Answer

@Amanda2655 I explained badly. With Airbnb if you give a discount of X% for 5 nights it also applies to 6 nights, 7 nights, 30 nights etc. This sound just like booking.com

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Amanda2655 I fear its your logic at issue here - Let me explain:

If you have say a 10% discount for 5 nights then you get this for 6, 7 and on nights

There is no logic in reducing discount with extra nights so either leave 6 nights at its 10% or increase it to 11%

Hope this explains and helps...

@Mike-And-Jane0 thanks. Yes I can see how that might be viewed as a reducing discount. On Booking it's possible to say any reservation of at least 5 nights gets a discount of x% which is what I was trying to do here. But I guest I can set say 10% for 7 nights, 9% for 6 nights etc.

Essentially I was just trying to encourage any bookings 5 nights or greater.

@Amanda2655 I explained badly. With Airbnb if you give a discount of X% for 5 nights it also applies to 6 nights, 7 nights, 30 nights etc. This sound just like booking.com

@Mike-And-Jane0 ah thanks so much for getting back to me! That is perfect. I understand now and I was definitely trying to over engineer it 😂 I will just set a 5 night discount, job done 👍

Thanks again!

How do you set the 5 night discount? Ive been looking to reduce it from 7 nights to 5 nights to give people a discount if they book at least 5 nights. 

You set the discount in the same section as where you set the price per night.

There's a section called 'Other discounts' and when you click on that you will see a section called 'Discounts on travel duration' where you can set the number of nights and the percentage discount. Hope that helps!