Setting Check in / check out days for specific dates

Answered!
Phil3258
Level 2
Belfast, United Kingdom

Setting Check in / check out days for specific dates

Having been burnt last year when a guest booked the middle weekend over the Easter break, meaning that of a potential 16 nights in high season I only managed a booking of 3 nights, I am keen to avoid it this year. I have set the minimum stay for 5 nights, but the same scenario could occur again. I want to set check in and check out to only the Friday or Saturday so that people can potentially book the first week or the second week. 

I have searched through the AirBnb settings, and I can see where to set this, but it only seems to apply to all of my calendar, and not for specific dates.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Phil3258 To do this

1) Go to your account and switch on professional tools (available to all)

2). Go to your listing calendar and highlight the days over Easter and then in the pop out panel create a ruleset that does what you want

View Best Answer in original post

14 Replies 14
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Phil3258 To do this

1) Go to your account and switch on professional tools (available to all)

2). Go to your listing calendar and highlight the days over Easter and then in the pop out panel create a ruleset that does what you want

This doesnt work

@Catherine2511 which bit doesn't work?

I worked with someone from Airbnb and I figured it out. I just don’t like the professional tools of you. I guess I could try and get used to it since that’s the only way now to add restricted check-in dates on specific time periods.

@Catherine2511 Have you found the multi-calendar? I don't think we could cope without it as it shows all departures/arrivals in one simple place on our computer.

I only ask because another poster hadn't found it in 4 years and loved it when they did!

I actually hate the multi calendar. I keep a Google calendar with my husband that I update as soon as the new booking arrives. It is much easier for us to manage all of our listings the multi calendar it’s too overwhelming for me.

OH MY GOODNESS!!!

Thank you so much! at last  I can customise properly! I wish one of the Airbnb assistants had just told me about the professional tools!

@Bella875 it does seem to be a well kept secret!

Thank you very much! Great secret tool 🙂

thanks - solved my problem 

Hello. It seems it's what we were looking for but I don't see where to switch on Pro tools. Any hint ? Thank you for your help.

Hello @Elisabeth1149 

Just click on the link below to switch on pro tools and there are some great guides here available on the subject if you make a search in the search bar just above

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2499?locale=en

Thanks a lot. I’ll try it soon. 
Sincerely

Nicole426
Level 2
Boston, MA

At least I am not the only one who does not appreciate the multiple calendar. I have avoided it like the plague for years and never needed it. But suddenly learned today that I have to use this feature to set up check in and check out days for peak season (which in our area is Saturday to Saturday). It took me a while to figure out my settings were no longer in place and WHAT A MESS IT HAS CAUSED for my peak season on all levels. I was told to write in to www.airbnb.com/help/feedback, If you are in the same boat please write in.