Short term hosting issues in Winter Park, Florida

Kemetale0
Level 2
Orlando, FL

Short term hosting issues in Winter Park, Florida

Hello Winter park Florida Hosts

Hope this finds you all safe and healthy in these troubled times.

I’m writing to you today to gain some insight and knowledge of your experience in dealing with the City. A few questions below.

Has anyone received a compliance notice from the city of Winterpark For short term renting ? If so, how was it resolved ?

Has anyone been fined ?

Has anyone discussed this with the city or other hosts to potentially change the current code ?

Very much appreciate any insights

stay safe

Mo

3 Replies 3
Jaclyn38
Level 2
Winter Park, FL

Hello-

we’ve been hosting in Winter Park for about a year and have just recently received a notice from the city saying we need to shut down our short-term rental. City rules require we change our listing to a 27-day minimum rental, which we just did in order to comply and not get fined. However, we are looking to fight this. 

I called the city and they said this notice wasn’t just sent to us, but they’re cracking down and sending it to every host in Winter Park. 

I would love to get a group of us together to appeal to the city commissioners to meet us in the middle somewhere. 

We host parents wanting to visit their children local colleges (Rollins, Full Sail & UCF), couples wanting to explore Winter Park’s charming downtown, local artists attending art shows, and grandparents coming to town to meet their new grandchildren. There are no parties taking place or local noise violations occurring.  AirBnB is collecting occupancy taxes that should be going to the city, so they’re making money on these listings as well as the local businesses.

These are all people that love our charming community and want to spend their money in our local shops and restaurants, but can’t afford the high priced ticket to stay in a local hotel. Our home offers an option to them. 

I’m interested to here what you’ve heard or if you’ve been able to work with the city on your listing. 

best,
jaclyn

Updates on the most recent crackdown ?

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Phillip339 

This discussion is a couple of years old so you might not get a response.

As the Community Center is international, there's not always someone with information about your local area, so I recommend heading here to find a local group.

I hope you find the information you need!

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines