Should I list my property with my local currency?

Alohha0
Level 1
Montevideo, Uruguay

Should I list my property with my local currency?

Hi, I am located in Uruguay and for some reason Airbnb won't transfer money to Uruguay in dollars, only on local Uruguayan pesos. Should I list my apartment in pesos or in dollars and use western union for payout?

3 Replies 3
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi there @Alohha0 👋

I found an article called 'Change your payout currency' in the Help Center. It says: 

The currency you’re paid in is based on the country and method you selected when you first added your payout method. This can be different from the local currency where your listing is found.

You can't change a payout method's currency once you've added it, but you can set up a new payout method in a different currency at any time. You can check the currency of your payout methods under Payments & payouts.

I hope this helps! 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi @Alohha0 I recommend checking the article @Rebecca provided. Also, listing in local currency aligns with Airbnb’s policy in many countries to list and transact in the local currency to comply with local regulations. You may also check the potential fees from Airbnb and Western Union when you choose this as your payout method. Hope this helps! 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey @Alohha0 👋

How did you get on? It would be great to hear from you! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines