Start a category for Self-Guided Experiences

Answered!
Snehal4
Level 5
Newport, RI

Start a category for Self-Guided Experiences

We offer self-guided tours (not in-person or online) with 4.7 stars and 1200+ reviews. During COVID and post-COVID, our customers have forced us to be that way. They prefer that we do not sit in their cars. They prefer to do the tours on their own, in their cars, using our self-guided tour app. Airbnb customers love our tours’ “Go at your own pace” feature. @Catherine-Powell @Bhumika @Airbnb

1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi Snehal,

We truly understand and sympathize with your situation. And we sincerely appreciate your dedication and commitment to ensuring your guests have a great time. 

By the response of your guests, it really seems they have enjoyed your Experience thoroughly and are rooting for you! But as mentioned in an earlier thread of yours, Hosts and Co-Hosts must personally lead their guests throughout the entirety of the Experience.

I have made sure to forward your suggestion to the relevant Airbnb teams. It would also be great if you could let them know directly as well via the Feedback Form.

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

40 Replies 40
Drew3188
Level 1
Maine, United States

Self-guided tours should DEFINITELY be an option for AirBnB! I went to Boston yhis past May, and one of my highlights was a self-guided haunted tour of Boston. I learned so much about unique history that you will never hear on an in-person paranormal tour. It's perfect for those with tight budgets and make it as flexible as possible for their itineraries. I would really much prefer if AirBnB kept the feature for years to come!

Holly644
Level 1
Osseo, MN

Hi David,

I really enjoyed your self-guided tour of highpoint in Boston. It gave me maximum flexibility, you were very knowledgeable and interesting to listen to, and I got to go at my own pace (stopping for lunch along the way). Please allow these self-guided tours to stay, @Airbnb. @Catherine-Powerll. @Bhumika

Regards,

Holly

We loved the self guided tour that was provided here for Boston. We were able to skip around based on the stuff we had going on and go in/out throughout our stay.

@Catherine-Powell @Bhumika @Airbnb

Please keep this option available for others. Thank you.

David9624
Level 1
North Olmsted, OH

Please continue with these self guided tours. I took two self guided tours through airbnb while I was on my tour of New England. Your specific self guided tour was well organized and told me everything I wanted to know. While, at the same time allowing me to enjoy my surroundings without the awkward presence of an unneeded attendance. Not meeting an actual guide was actually a highlight of this trip. Sometimes I would rather not deal with people!

David9605
Level 3
New York, NY

Despite having over 332 ratings, my experience was also suspended. Your Airbnb guests, during and after the COVID pandemic, want to explore independently, without a guide. They would rather we not tour together. They prefer solo, self-guided experiences. Our tours' "Go at your own pace" feature is a big hit with Airbnb guests.

I agree with David, there should be a special category for self-guided tours, I took his self guided tour because I had very limited time to visit Tulum archeological site, and it was a flash trip so I couldn't schedule ahead for an in-person guide. Personally, I don't like that in-person guides tell more like fairy tales and they don't stick to the facts like David does. I would rather take self -guided tours in other places as well.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi Snehal,

We truly understand and sympathize with your situation. And we sincerely appreciate your dedication and commitment to ensuring your guests have a great time. 

By the response of your guests, it really seems they have enjoyed your Experience thoroughly and are rooting for you! But as mentioned in an earlier thread of yours, Hosts and Co-Hosts must personally lead their guests throughout the entirety of the Experience.

I have made sure to forward your suggestion to the relevant Airbnb teams. It would also be great if you could let them know directly as well via the Feedback Form.

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Megan1067
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

I absolutely loved the self-guided tour of Chichen Itza that I bought from David. It was super interesting, well researched and it provided very different facts to those I was overhearing from the guides at the site. I appreciated that I could go at my own pace and listen to the info again if I needed to or jump to a spot that was less crowded and noisy. I wish the one for the Tulum site had been available for when I was there!

Please allow these self-guided tours to stay, @Airbnb @Catherine-Powerll @Bhumika

I also request that you please reconsider this rule for airbnb experiences. Many visitors, my family included, find it much more enjoyable and relaxing to follow a guided experience without others joining us and without the guide!

Julie4906
Level 1
Cary, NC

I loved the Ghosts tour of Savannah, GA, USA! It was informative, well-done, and we didn't have to keep up with any group. We could explore at our own pace and review any piece of the tour we wanted.  I will heartbroken and disappointed if Airbnb discontinues these self-guided tours. Please reconsider.

Julie in NC, USA

Pedro1690
Level 2
Zapopan, Mexico

Hola, Yo hice el tour en chichenitza y fue increíble. lo mejor es que contratar un tour ahi te cuesta casi 3 o 4 veces de lo que puedes pagar por aquí, la verdad me encantó y es triste saber que ya no permiten hacer eso. Muy mal ahí airbnb. Al final cada quien debe decidir como vivir su experiencia y si uno acepta hacerlo solo a través de una aplicación, es mi problema, no el de ustedes....