Starting out

Answered!
Deepak83
Level 1
Durham, NH

Starting out

I am seriously contemplating doing vacation rental over long-term rental for my empty property here in NH. But, the first thing I need to know is if it is going to be worth it. Any recommendations on who can help me crunch some numbers of converting to a short term rental? Also, who is the best resource to talk to if I have questions when starting to host? Please and Thank you!

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You need to put a profit and loss budget together for your start up and ongoing costs and an estimate of what you can charge and how many days you are likely to be able to fill a year.

this will give you an indication of whether STR will be more profitable than LTR @Deepak83 

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Deepak83 buy data from Airdna or a similar provider. Without this you are just guessing I am afraid.

Thank you for the prompt response. I will look into it.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You need to put a profit and loss budget together for your start up and ongoing costs and an estimate of what you can charge and how many days you are likely to be able to fill a year.

this will give you an indication of whether STR will be more profitable than LTR @Deepak83 

Thank you. I will do it on an excel sheet and figure out if it makes sense at all!