Successful listing

Answered!
Xavier754
Level 1
District Heights, MD

Successful listing

What should go into a good listing that will get my space booked, I feel overwhelmed with all the information that I’m receiving and do not want get confused.

thks

1 Best Answer
Guy991
Level 10
Sintra, Portugal

Hello @Xavier754

Welcome! It's evident that you've put in considerable effort to make this property appealing, and I'd be happy to offer some additional ideas for you to consider. There are more things to check that I didn't look into, such as pricing compared to neighboring similar properties. 

Firstly, consider using a personal photo on your profile, as guests often prefer to see faces (also in this community).

Could you extend the narrow 2-hour check-in window? Typically, hosts set check-out at 11:00 and check-in at 15:00 to allow time for cleaning and preparation for the next guest.

Try taking photos during the daytime with natural light through the windows. Also, consider indicating that the property is a basement. What happens when you roll up  the curtain in the kitchen window?
Guests value transparency and dislike negative surprises.

In your description, clarify the entrance location, and if you showcase the exterior of the house in a picture, do so from the side of the real entrance to the apartment.

Regarding lighting, aim to make the space even brighter. Consider installing floor lamps near every socket close to the floor, as you've already begun in the corner of the bedroom. Add more lights using low to medium LED watts to create a cozy atmosphere. Once you have sufficient light, consider changing the ceiling lamps from white to yellowish (except in the bathroom, where white lamps are preferable) for a trendier ambiance.

For now, turn off instant booking to avoid people taking advantage of the fact that you are new.

Airbnb can be a fantastic platform for hosting, meeting new people, and earning additional income, but also explore opportunities for long-term tenants on other platforms. Keep all options open.

And don't worry about feeling overwhelmed. After a couple of check-ins and check-outs, and a little experience, you'll feel like a fish in the pond.

All the best,

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Decide who your target guest is and design your listing around them @Xavier754 

Do some market research to find out what your competitors with similar listings are offering. 

however good your listing if you're in an oversaturated market you will struggle to get bookings so start by looking at your local STR market.

Guy991
Level 10
Sintra, Portugal

Hello @Xavier754

Welcome! It's evident that you've put in considerable effort to make this property appealing, and I'd be happy to offer some additional ideas for you to consider. There are more things to check that I didn't look into, such as pricing compared to neighboring similar properties. 

Firstly, consider using a personal photo on your profile, as guests often prefer to see faces (also in this community).

Could you extend the narrow 2-hour check-in window? Typically, hosts set check-out at 11:00 and check-in at 15:00 to allow time for cleaning and preparation for the next guest.

Try taking photos during the daytime with natural light through the windows. Also, consider indicating that the property is a basement. What happens when you roll up  the curtain in the kitchen window?
Guests value transparency and dislike negative surprises.

In your description, clarify the entrance location, and if you showcase the exterior of the house in a picture, do so from the side of the real entrance to the apartment.

Regarding lighting, aim to make the space even brighter. Consider installing floor lamps near every socket close to the floor, as you've already begun in the corner of the bedroom. Add more lights using low to medium LED watts to create a cozy atmosphere. Once you have sufficient light, consider changing the ceiling lamps from white to yellowish (except in the bathroom, where white lamps are preferable) for a trendier ambiance.

For now, turn off instant booking to avoid people taking advantage of the fact that you are new.

Airbnb can be a fantastic platform for hosting, meeting new people, and earning additional income, but also explore opportunities for long-term tenants on other platforms. Keep all options open.

And don't worry about feeling overwhelmed. After a couple of check-ins and check-outs, and a little experience, you'll feel like a fish in the pond.

All the best,