Suspended listings without notifications from Airbn or explanations of why listing s were suspended

Suspended listings without notifications from Airbn or explanations of why listing s were suspended

Does anyone have an idea how to go about getting answers from Airbnb regarding listings being suspended without notifications from Airbnb and Airbnb not wanting to answer questions about why my listings were suspended? Has anyone experienced this and how did it get resolved if so?

12 Replies 12
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Rufina6 👋

Have you experienced this yourself? If so, please let me know. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Rebecca. All three of her listings are suspended based on those funny blank boxes where the listing main picture should be with outlines only and when you click on them they dont show up so yes she is experiencing this. Can you contact Support to help her?

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

I see - thank you for sharing that with me; I never knew that! 😅 (You learn something new everyday!) 

I'll pop it through to the team. 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

9D1207AC-56D3-46C2-BFAF-BE266F6D711E.jpeg

B0583BBB-443F-48F2-8AA8-896FAFB0B12E.jpeg

8602C9A2-0136-4AAA-8082-BAF4F15BE88F.jpeg

691D6EB7-2185-425E-934D-4BEED89BBFA6.jpeg

 it clearly shows suspended on all 4 of my listings on my end 

Yeah, actually 4 of my listings were suspended. I have another listing in the state of Maryland which I currently have my cake set blocked for 6 months at a time because someone rented it long term outside of Airbnb. That was suspended too.

Thank you so much Rebecca. I appreciate your help.

@Rufina6. Looking on Host Circle you'll find lots of these cases lately. Common reasons seem to revolve around safety. Your last review in March seems great. Was this your last guest? How long have your listings been suspended?

Sorry I cant provide specific support on resolution except to say keep messaging them and keep a copy of all corro. Airbnb under their TOS must advise you why, they may just take their sweet time so be that squeaky wheel 🙂

@Frances3408 thanks a lot for your response. I appreciate it. 
The guest in question is currently staying in one of the rooms since April 3rd that she requested a refund because a male guest checked into the Master’s bedroom that is not sharing a bathroom with her. She felt so unsafe from the moment she opened the front door to the guy and she is still staying there till date. Plus she is a repeat guest. 

@Frances3408 Here’s the whole story: So sorry it’s long.

My Airbn listings were suspended without notifying me and they have refused to answer any questions regarding the reason for the suspension.

I have a female guest currently staying in a room in a house with shared bath with another room who was requesting a refund for the remainder of her stay because another guest arrived in the Master’s bedroom with private bath who happens to be a male guest. She stated that her reason was that she did not feel comfortable staying with another male she does not know. I informed her that I will not be able to issue a refund because this guest is not even sharing a bathroom with her and that I have not commuted any violation to warrant me refunding her as I did not advertise my home as a female hostel or a female occupancy only. I ensured that people of opposite sex don’t share a bathroom and I have had to turn down booking requests for this same reason when an opposite guest wants to book the other room. My masters bedroom has no issues with shared bath and any sex can occupy it. I had informed her as a courtesy and not as an obligation so she is aware there is someone else in the Masters bedroom and at this point she is the only one using the shared bathroom because no one is in the other room. She even asked if it’s okay for her boyfriend to stay with her and I told her if it makes her any safer her boyfriend can stay as a courtesy, but that if another female guest books the other room during her stay he will have to leave for the comfort of the next guest as well who will not be okay sharing the bathroom with her boyfriend (she made similar request when she was a guest at my place last year and I allowed her boyfriend to stay for weeks until another female guest booked the other room).

The boyfriend came over to stay with her while she simultaneously reached out to Airbnb requesting a full refund which I declined twice on April 3rd and April 7th I believe because she called twice about same issue. Her boyfriend stayed there with her from April 3rd to April 6th or April 7th and left and she continued to stay there till date.

On April 15th I was going over my listing and I noticed all my listings had been suspended and my calendars blocked. I reached out to Airbnb support by phone and the person who responded to me told me it’s just showing on my end, but that she can assure me that my listing is still viewable by guests and they can book my listings. I then asked a friend to use his Arbnb account to try to book my listing to see if he will be able to book and I saw from his account that all my fake sees have been blocked in all my listings. I also checked my calendar on my end and it showed all were blocked which means I was being lied to by Airbnb.

Again I called the next morning to complain about being told my listing was still bootable by guests and wanted to know why my listings were suspended without any form of communication from Airbnb either by phone, text or email notifying me if this suspension and why it was suspended and since April 15th till date no one has been able to answer my questions. All they said was that it was related to the guest requesting a refund and that the specialized department will reach out to me about my suspension till today April 21st no information has been given to me. I was told the specialized department will reach out to me in a couple of hours and a couple of hours have turned into couple of days. Plus I don’t even know how long it had been suspended before I found out on my own.

This is incompetence at best! I am very disappointed in Airbnb. This is the worst experience I have ever had and every time I call about it, they open a case and close it right away. This is so frustrating! What kind of customer service or specialized team does Airbnb have that does nothing? What business entity takes an action of suspending listings of a host without informing them prior or offering any explanation afterwards. I am highly disappointed in Airbnb.

@Rufina6. Rufina, never too long when you need help. As Airbnb is the only major provider to allow individual room bookings I'm not sure how you get around this one apart from what you are already doing. I assume each bedroom has a lock? What about access to shared areas?

Oh, and never rely just on ad hoc Airbnb advice: always check for yourself. Try posting in Host Circle where I have found the advice to be very accurate and timely.

Thank you so much for your response. All rooms have locks on them. They all have access to common areas like kitchen, living room and kitchen dinette as well as patio in the backyard. It’s a 4 bedroom with 2.5 bath house. I ensured only one guest in each of the two rooms with a shared bath so that not more than 2 people are sharing the bath at any given time and I ensure I only approve guests of same sex to avoid any issues. Now, the Masters bedroom I had just opened up for booking and I allowed up to 2 guests in there like a couple or family etc. since it has a separate bath.

how can I join the host circle? Pls point me in the right direction. Thanks.

@Rufina6. Hi Rufina, in my settings Host Circle is the last option dropdown under Topics. As a host I believe you are automatically included. My understanding is that its is strictly for hosts only (so you need to be logged on) and the content is not publicly published.

Re the shared bathrooms I guess she was better suited to a private bath set up or an all female guest offering, neither of which you can guarantee.