The Silent Superhost suspension

Anne11447
Level 2
Oslo, Norway

The Silent Superhost suspension

Hi Helen 3 and Ross869. I am relieved to read from other hosts with experience of being suspended. I have been a Superhost/ host in AirBnb since 2019, and they have suddenly suspended me, without telling me.

I discovered it only 2 days ago, since I have blocked the calendar totally the last month, except for 2 bookings that were booked early.

Helen 3, you are telling me that it's a common practice that they do suspend hosts only from the bad review of one person (from 1 night stay) in my case!

But they have to understand that there must be something wrong when a guest give you the star 1, when almost everybody else give star 5, and in addition put a very bad story together as a review. That must be a revenge review!!  How long shall this situation last? They said they suspended me on May 11. 

5 Replies 5
Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Anne11447 

You mention two hosts in your message but without the hashtag in front of their name they will not be notified that you have tagged them.  Hope you don't mind if I do it instead.

@Helen3 

@Ross869

Joëlle

Thanks Joelle!!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

No that wasn't what I was advising @Anne11447 

I said it seems common practice for Airbnb to suspend hosts when there is a 'safety' complaint from a guest unfortunately.

ok- but it seems from other posts here, they do it to host that had an exceptional bad guest experience and review.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Anne11447 , 

I can see that my colleague Paula has shared your concerns with the related teams. 

To add to this discussion, I also wanted to share this link that elaborates why a listing is suspended and how to appeal: What happens if my listing is suspended or removed under ground rules for Hosts? 

I hope it helps you get an idea of your ongoing situation.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines