The flexible search functions do not work~ hide from the public availability of properties.

Susan990
Level 10
Redmond, OR

The flexible search functions do not work~ hide from the public availability of properties.

Hosting since 2013 and suffering the crash in my business to zero search data  and occupancy crashed from a high of 97%  since 2022.

Every single day I check my listings. I search for my guesthouses. Record the crazy data and ask when will this nightmare end

. What I search for is availability of places that are for 3 or 4  months out.( using the flexible function) No other filters to start. For this area there are always hundreds of places available and vacant that far out. When it is working they  appear, I then filter down to price and then type and this hones into my places. But when the search function is' out of order' it reports there is absolutely nothing-Nothing- available anywhere in the county.  ZERO. This is a lie-- but the public does not know this. Plus zero results is  supposed to be impossible because if there is nothing available in the town name searched searches out farther to fullfill the search . This also is disabled today when I checked it.

The work around to  the malfunctioning (flexible) product is to insert exact dates for a large swath of time and corral everything,that is truly available  then filter down to the specifics desired. All this crazy flexible/ split stay nonsense could all be eliminated and replaced with the formerly successfull  Monthly stay places  search function.  The market is craving  this product and AirBnb quit offering it a year ago.

Tomorrow is the big reveal of new updates 11/17th. after 8am.

Susan
2 Replies 2
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Susan990 

As far as I can see, there were no updates in the Winter Release to undo any of the damage that the Summer Release did. In fact, the only thing that has happened is to add more 'categories', a lot of them ridiculous, but private rooms at least is useful (if the listings actually show up).

I was constantly looking at my views/search rankings for several months but stopped. It makes no rhyme nor reason to me. My views have improved in the last couple of months (went down to pretty much zero before that, with only returning guests booking) so that's something, but when I look at my views now, they still make no sense. One listing is getting loads, while another one is not, and yet the latter has more availability. Why?

Similar experiences here too. One thing I noticed that changed was that when using the map search only one of my 2 guesthouses displayed at a time--because both have the same address, being located on the same lot. The one that showed got lots of views and the other one hidden underneath it got nothing down to zero, then a couple bookings later they switched- one got tons of views count and the other one spiraling down to zero. This cat and mouse BS went on for last few weeks, but reservations still crashing and now I have nothing on the calendar!  Zero !!! I was empty Thanks giving.

When COVID hit I went totally Monthly Stay Places platform and earned 97% occupancy-it has been all downhill ever since that product was removed.  I switched to weekly minimum stay just to keep afloat and hoped that would lead to more long term stays business but now all seems doomed.

I think the public has lost its love of AirBnb. That weird Ad campaign, the weird platform design, the non-sensical split/stay thing. It is all a disaster. Praying for the 4th quarter earnings report and internal audit of how the new platform has performed will lead to a radical revamping and a return to what worked before ABB decided to focus on selling user preferences data over 

"heads in beds".

Susan