Tip of the Week 8: Showcasing inclusivity on your listing

Breanna
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Tip of the Week 8: Showcasing inclusivity on your listing

In this eighth edition of our Tip of the Week series, we’re sharing a tip on showcasing inclusivity throughout your listing

This week’s tip comes from Host Advisory Board Member @Dolly36 in How to let guests know that my listing is a safe and inclusive place:

“Embrace the possibilities of Airbnb's new profile features to showcase your personality and authentically reflect your inclusive hosting approach. Share insights such as your favourite song, educational background, or even a delightful talent, allowing guests to connect with you on a personal level and further reinforcing the welcoming atmosphere you provide.“

Do you like to add personalised details to your profile? We’d love to hear about how you utilise your listing description, Host profile, photos, or other tools to ensure  guests feel safe and welcome! 

Let’s share some tips for inclusive communication and personalised touches to your listings, profiles, or even messages. And of course, don’t forget to give a thumbs up 👍 to the best tips shared. 😊

👉 TOTW series

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

18 Replies 18
Deniz159
Level 2
Kaş, Türkiye

Incorporating inclusivity into your Airbnb listing is an important way to make all guests feel safe and welcome. Here are some tips for showcasing inclusivity on your listing:

1. Diverse Photos: Ensure that the photos in your listing showcase a diverse range of people and backgrounds. This sends a clear message that your space is inclusive and welcoming to everyone.

2. Detailed Listing Description: Use your listing description to highlight features that make your space inclusive. For example, mention any accessibility features like ramps or wide doorways, or describe how your space is suitable for families, solo travelers, or different cultural preferences.

3. House Rules: Make sure your house rules reflect an inclusive and respectful environment. State explicitly that discrimination and bias will not be tolerated, and encourage guests to report any issues.

4. Host Profile: As mentioned in the tip, use your host profile to showcase your personality and inclusivity. Share a bit about your background, interests, and values. Mention any community involvement or initiatives you're part of that promote inclusivity.

5. Personalized Welcome Message: When communicating with guests, consider sending a personalized welcome message that includes a warm greeting and a note about your commitment to inclusivity. This sets a positive tone from the start.

6. Amenities for All: Mention any amenities you provide that cater to diverse needs, such as a fully equipped kitchen for guests who prefer to cook their own meals, or a workspace for business travelers.

7. Local Recommendations: Offer recommendations for local restaurants, shops, and activities that are inclusive and welcoming to a diverse range of guests. This can include mentioning LGBTQ+ friendly establishments, cultural events, or accessible attractions.

8. Feedback and Reviews: Encourage guests to leave feedback and reviews about their experience in your space. Positive reviews that highlight inclusivity and a welcoming atmosphere can be a powerful endorsement for potential guests.

9. Communication: Be responsive to guest inquiries and messages. Prompt and respectful communication is key to making guests feel valued and welcome.

10. Inclusive Language: Use inclusive language in all your communications and listings. Avoid assumptions about gender, race, or other personal characteristics.

By implementing these tips, you can create a more inclusive and welcoming environment for all guests and enhance your reputation as a host who values diversity and inclusivity.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Rather ironic that you talk about using the importance of using diverse photos in a listing  when you use a logo rather your profile photo as Airbnb suggests @Deniz159 

Yes, I understand the suggestion, but it can be confusing for us because we are a company, and people need to know that.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Actually Airbnb ask hosts to upload a profile photo of themselves . They know you are a company by the name @Deniz159 

Bandu6
Level 3
Unawatuna, Sri Lanka

Greetings everyone,

I trust you're all in good spirits. As a host, my primary goal is to ensure that my guests truly feel at home. I enjoy getting to know them by asking about their plans for the day. Whenever a new guest checks in, I extend a friendly invitation for a cup of tea or coffee, fostering a warm and welcoming atmosphere that makes them feel like an integral part of our extended family.

Warm regards,

Bandu 

Breanna
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager

@Bandu6 Love this! That is such a nice way to make anyone feel at home without pressure on them. 

-----

very nice!

สวัสดีทุกคน
Hello everyone

" สำหรับวิธี ที่จะทำให้ลูกค้ารู้สึกว่าที่พักของเรารู้สึกปลอดภัยเเละครอบคลุมทุกอย่างนั้น "  

สำหรับฉันคิดว่าควรมี ดังนี้
For a way to make customers feel that our accommodation feels safe and covers everything."

For me, I think it should be as follows:

1. ให้ข้อมูลเพิ่มเติมในการยืนยันการจอง :ในอีเมลหรือข้อความยืนยันการจอง คุณสามารถเเสดงข้อมูลเกี่ยวกับความปลอดภัยที่ที่พักของคุณมีอยู่ เช่น ระบบการรักษาความปลอดภัยที่มี, รหัสการเข้าถึง, การตรวจสอบประตู, หรือระบบกล้องวงจรปิด

Provide additional information in the booking confirmation. :in the email or booking confirmation message You can display information about the security your property has in place, such as available security systems, access codes, door monitoring, or CCTV systems.

2. สร้างคู่มือการใช้งาน  : จัดทำคู่มือสั้นๆ เกี่ยวกัยการใช้งานสิ่งอำนวยความสะดวกที่มีในที่พัก เช่น การเปิดประตูห้อง, การใช้รีโมททีวี, การเชื่อมต่อ wifi และข้อมูลติดต่อฉุกเฉินในกรณีที่มีปัญหา

Create a user manual: Create a short manual. Regarding use of the accommodation facilities such as opening doors, using the TV remote, wifi connection and emergency contact information in the event of a problem.

3. สร้างสัญลักษณ์หรือป้ายต่างๆ : การใช้สัญลักษณ์หรือป้ายที่บอกว่าที่พักนั้นเป็นสถานที่ที่ปลอดภัยสามารถช่วยให้เเขกรู้สึกมั่นใจมากขึ้น เช่น ป้าย รักษาความปลอดภัยตลอด 24 ชั่วโมง หรือ ระบบกล้องวงจรปิดทำงานอยู่ 

Create signs or signs: Using signs or signs that indicate the property is a safe place can help guests feel more confident, such as signs that security is 24 hours a day or that the CCTV system is working.

4. สร้างระบบการตรวจสอบเเขก : หากคุณมีระบบการตรวจสอบเเขกที่เข้าออกได้ เช่น การใช้รหัสการเข้าถึงหรือการสแกนการเข้าถึงด้วยสมาร์ทโฟน, แนะนำให้เเขกทำความรู้จักกับระบบนี้เเละวิธีการใช้งาน

Create a guest verification system: If you have an accessible guest verification system, such as using an access code or scanning access with a smartphone, encourage guests to get to know it. with this system and how to use it

5. การติดต่อฉุกเฉิน : ระบุหมายเลขฉุกเฉิน ที่สามารถติดต่อได้ตลอด 24 ชั่วโมง เช่น หมายเลข โทรศัพท์ของคุณหรือข้อมูลการติดต่อฉุกเฉินสำหรับเเจ้งเหตุด่วน เช่น โรงพยาบาลใกล้เคียง

Emergency Contact: Enter the emergency number. that can be contacted 24 hours a day, such as your telephone number or emergency contact information for reporting emergencies, such as nearby hospitals

6. ให้คำเเนะนำเกี่ยวกับการรักษาความปลอดภัย : ในคู่มือหรือข้อความยืนยันการจองคุณสามารถเเนะนำเเขกให้รักษาความปลอดภัยของตนเองและทรัพย์สินในที่พัก เช่น การล็อกประตูเมื่อออกจากห้อง, การไม่เผยข้อมูลส่วนตัวและการรักษาความเงียบเพื่อไม่รบกวนคนอื่นในสถานที่

Advice on security: In the manual or booking confirmation you can advise guests on how to keep themselves and their property safe, such as locking the door when leaving the room, not Reveal personal information and keep quiet so as not to disturb others in the venue.

การทำตามขั้นตอนเหล่านี้จะช่วยให้เเขกรู้สึกมั่นใจและปลอดภัยในที่พักของคุณและสร้างประสบการณ์ที่ดีให้แก่พวกเขาในการเข้าพักของพวกเขากกับคุณ 

Taking these steps will help your guests feel confident and safe in your space and create a positive experience for them during their stay with you.

พิม

** Translation added by Community Manager

Breanna
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager

Such great advice @Boonthida0 

Having all this information laid out in advance makes me feel like much more confident guest. And I see you've really put a lot of info in your Host profile as well!

-----

Thank you so much 

@Boonthida0

I like your presentation of the 2 languages. I feel you have included me with your communication.

Thank you so much 

Wonderful suggestions thank you so much!

Deborah1372
Level 1
Savannah, GA

This is what my profile says: 

Where I went to school: CTA: Life Coach, Pratt: MS, UVM: BA
My work: LLC owner, photo art
Fun fact: outdoorsy, artsy, life coach, mom/wife!
For guests, I always: smile, go extra, attentive, share info.
Pets: 2 rescue mutt dogs stay home in SV, GA.
Most useless skill: meditate by visualizing Sealport view!
I spend too much time: weed wacking Sealport's 12 wild acres.
Lives in Savannah, GA
What makes my home unique: built 1960; 1 family owned since 1947.
Work hard - Play hard! Be honest - Be creative! (2 adult sons, 2 dogs, 20+ years married)