Toronto Hosts - View counts

Jason2389
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Toronto Hosts - View counts

Hi Toronto Hosts. I have been experiencing extremely low views on our listing ever since AirBnB made its changes. They say it has nothing to do with them and have gotten nowhere with them. A neighbour two doors away with the same setup (room) is getting 300+ views a month, which we used to get. In the last three months, our view count is in the 60s. I've had 1 booking over the last three months, whereas last year we were booked the majority of the month.

I've reached out to their support numerous times and get stonewalled, saying it's nothing to do with them, or I don't get any response. What is consistent is their appreciation for me being a superhost though (really genuine too. This is me being sarcastic)

I'm almost certain it has something to do with their algorithm, as our place doesn't even appear on the map listing unless you zoom in four or five clicks.

I'm at wits end on what to do and on the verge of delisting my property and starting a new posting. Anyone facing similar issues?

5 Replies 5
Zheng49
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

One thing I personally dislike is that they are including regions like Markham, Pickering, Vaughn etc. even when you search for Toronto specifically. That creates more competition for us since now we need to compete with listings in Mississauga, Vaughn, Markham, Pickering, etc.

I believe that's a relatively new change. It's good for hosts in Markham, Vaughn, Mississauga, Pickering etc. (because really, who searches for Vaughn, Pickering etc. normally), but yea really bad for us. 

Ah, I did not realize that. But even if I go localized and type in a postal code, my pin is not viewable unless I click a couple of times. On the page, I'm sitting behind new listings, or listings that aren't considered "superhosts". 

Exactly the same for me. I live 50 miles from the suggestions of AirBnB that they recommend also when Googling exactly my town?!?

It was suggested that they were the compatibles of my listing which is just not true. Plus many, very compatible within my own town!

Ridiculous & not even fair to guests looking let alone us. 
I fear the CEO will decide to do what so many other platforms are doing. What better views, pay that extra premium! 

I was going to try and create a new listing and deactivate my current one but was told that all our ratings would disappear. I'm at the point where I don't care anymore. I've also just started with VRBO

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I would try opening up your calendar for a longer period . Currently it's only open until July @Jason2389