Two Queens or One Queen and Two Twins

Jordin3
Level 1
Louisville, KY

Two Queens or One Queen and Two Twins

I have a 2bd 1ba near the airport in Dallas. Would you recommend our rooms both having queens or one room with a queen and one with two twins.

4 Replies 4
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

I used to have two rooms, but since covid I narrowed to one room for the time being.  I found the queen bed in one room and the twin beds, extra long, gave the most flexibility for parties of 2-4, i.e., parents traveling with teenagers, parties of two couples (twin beds could reconfigure to a king size bed) or 4 singles.  If you have a preference for having only singles or couples, not families, two queens are probably best.  Hope this helps.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jordin3  Who do you see as your target market? That has a lot to do with what sort of bed configurations to go with.

Being close to a major airport in a big city, I could imagine you getting bookings from travelers who have layovers, overbooked flights, who have early morning flights, but live a couple hours away, so would want to spend the night close to the airport. 

In that case, two twins in the second bedroom would give more flexibility to travelers who may just be friends or business associates, who wouldn't be sharing a bed. 

Two twins, as long as they have felt pads under the legs or are otherwise easy to move, can also be pushed together to make a king size bed. 

Basha0
Level 10
Penngrove, CA

II suggest one queen and two twins for friends or families 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jordin3 I suspect your market is short stays for people heading to the airport. If so the twin beds is fine as it gives more flexibility and people won't care for a night or two.