URGENT: identification verification triggered all listings are suspended

Answered!
Nelli79
Level 2
Glendale, CA

URGENT: identification verification triggered all listings are suspended

Airbnb had the identity verification for me to complete, and once I uploaded my license, all my listings got suspended. I called Airbnb and I was told that my identification is approved, I got an email that all is good, but my listings are all suspended and the message to verify Identity does not go away and when I click on it, nothing happens.  14 listings suspended at this time. please help

1 Best Answer

Yes, I just finally got this resolved by a guy called Darwin at Support.  If there was a way to rate him, I would give him 5 STARs.  He was the 4th support person I spoke who actually worked on my case and made it happen.  It's sad that not every support level person knows what he/she is doing.  

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8

Hi @Nelli79 I checked your profile and it shows you have completed your Id verification. Is your ticket with Airbnb still open? If yes, emphasize that the error persists even after their confirmation that your identity has been verified. Request them to escalate the issue if necessary. I have experienced this weeks ago, and the support reactivated my listing after they confirmed that my Id is verified. Hope this helps! 

I keep calling the Support and they act like they don’t know anything and they’re not even telling me that they can activate it at their level. And when I ask it to be escalated, they say this is not something that they can escalate. This is so frustrating.

Yes, I just finally got this resolved by a guy called Darwin at Support.  If there was a way to rate him, I would give him 5 STARs.  He was the 4th support person I spoke who actually worked on my case and made it happen.  It's sad that not every support level person knows what he/she is doing.  

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Nelli79 Your listings seem to be visible so I guess it is all sorted now.

On a different subject - Cramming 12 people into 3 bedrooms feels excessive to me.

@Mike-And-Jane0  You didn't see all her listings are unavailable....they show, but there is no availability. Its odd for sure. Also, looks to me like the houses that offer private rooms do that for multiple guests in the same house??? That's how it looks, reads to me?? One guest review said all the tenants were nice, etc. I'm with you, hate packing houses with people. Its a recipe for disaster and then pushing loads of very clear but super strict rules. Something isn't straight up about all of it....perhaps this is the new investor way of doing multi listings?? 

peace, Clara

oh no, my listings are still all suspended. They are all showing, but my calendar is blocked still due to ID verification which I have supplied already.

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Nelli79 I'd love to know your model??? Am I correct you have teams that rent a house, kind of like arbitrage, but instead of paying rent they live there and you have multiple of guests, rooms for rent and so they act as homeowners, cohosts or such?? that's how it appears to me from the many places, past reviews and you oversee everything with an amazing list of do's and don't and contracts? You are really good at it from what I see and read. !!! Kudos......I esp. like all you waivers for safety, which is very smart, not sure they would hold up in most courts - well, they wouldn't in Florida as pools and hot tubs here must have fences and alarms. There was one really disturbing photo  to me with the big pink float in a pool - any child would go for that because its sooooo inviting. You sound like an amazing host/ property manager and must have been very busy esp. during Covid and shortly thereafter. 

Looks like they haven't opened your places back up??? So keep calling for escalation, supervisor....tell them you need your properties back open today PLEASE!!!

Oh, one last thing, I too have problems with packing places. Many states are working hard to push laws, regulations that will demand....2 bdrm...4 ppl.   3 bdrm .....6. that means 2 ppl per bedroom, so your model would not survive and so many would come after your properties - I think with your rules, contracts and fees you manage, but with so many ppl usually mean inside/outside noise, trash, too many cars and unhappy neighbors. Glad you have done so well, so far. 

Keep us posted about how this all turns out. Happy Hosting, oh, your pics and interior designs are fab, except for so few curtains!! 

Best to you, Clara

I do mid term housing on Airbnb with shared rooms.  Yes I do have a house with multiple rooms and I rent each room with max 2 person. I do not necessarily have all rooms occupied all the time.  It's a large home and so far worked well for me and I am glad Airbnb offers the room rental.  Not every platform gives that opportunity.