Verification frustration

Answered!
Tracy1
Level 5
Bracebridge, Canada

Verification frustration

I attempted to complete my ID verification today, but could not finish the last step.

After submitting my driver licence photos, I tried to link my facebook account (I do not use gmail or linkedin), but when directed to the facebook page, I unchecked a few of the options (what airbnb can access) such as friends list. It only said that it required your public profile, which you can't uncheck anyway.

When I was redirected back to airbnb, I had a message saying "We're really sorry. There wasn't enough activity on your account for verification". ?? Anyone know why? I now can't go back to retry (and not uncheck any of those options), as it just keeps giving me that message. I tried logging out, then logging in with facebook, but I think it just logs me in with my saved password from the email login I signed up with.

It seems I am now stuck - I can't get verified?

1 Best Answer
Paula276
Level 2
Odessa, TX

I went to a different computer logged onto Airbnb and Facebook it let me finish the process with no problems.

View Best Answer in original post

257 Replies 257
Saskia49
Level 2
Netherlands

Hi all,

I had the same problem, no matter how I took or uploaded the picture of my ID, the program wouldn’t recognize my photo. However, what I was not aware of, is that you do not need an ID verification for every home that is listed on Airbnb. Also, you can message the host and request the offered room instead of directly booking it. That way, the host can invite you to book the room without any ID verification. That worked out well for me. Hope this helps!

Ladies and gentlemen anyone in need of help w verification ** they havr an incredible Service with 40 min guarantee window.

**[E-mail address hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

Nitin12
Level 1
Johns Creek, GA

i am havuing same issue what everyone having. Already uploded ID and now it as k me to add my selfie but App get stuck beofre it take sme to add a selfie from phone. Cannot do it from laptop as i dont use laptop with webcam.

Leaving on trip in 4 days . need to fix this asap.

Thanks !

to who this may concern : it just doesn't sound safe any more akirbnb is why now i will try to find another platform too many issues or perhaps a breach if not yet waiting to happen is my feeling after 4 years hosting ..

thanks Ps   : I always leave the door open for a possible new safer method  to use on line or let the host figurer  it out with there guest its my solution idea it worked for me as  an inn keeper for years etc. they made it too compecated now to use and why..hoping..

Tatyana32
Level 2
Rotterdam, Netherlands

Amazing to read the same basic nonsense after several years, with big data and stuff.

Huge amount of customers loose time on clearly unprofessional soft and company which seem to be getting too comfortable in (btw temporary) position of market leader.

Am also the lucky one to keep useless helpdest  busy verifying all up till my blood type, till they can send me back to photo-making bull**bleep**, seems like they only know few phrases written on a paper.

it is very disrespectful to customers, especially after several years of same problem continuing.

will seek and move to any reasonable competition, asap.

it is a pity as the management clearly sucks and the idea is fantastic.

Teng6
Level 1
Malacca, Malaysia

stupid airbnb takes at least 50 times to failed for an id verification in different lights, angles and places!!!! 

Same issue here.. Been waiting for more than a day before sending an SMS message.. in which the app was already closed due to inactivity.. So frustrating.. 

@Jeffry17  Try doing it through the desktop site.  Recent posts here suggest that works better.

Oanh0
Level 1
Garden Grove, CA

I am trying to verify my identity through facebook. But I got this same message:

"We're really sorry. There wasn't enough activity on your account for verification."

Can someone help me? I'm new here.

Ruben20
Level 1
Utrecht, Netherlands

Same here, after trying to verify through facebook that didnt work becouse of lack of activity. Now uploaded a video and have no idea if it is subitted or how long it wil take to verify. Verry frustrating!

Babs0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Ruben20,

On your profile I can see an offline ID and an online verification, as well as your email address and phone number. For me as a host that would be enough to feel comfortable with you booking. Keep in mind that just stating your name and that you like climbing (in Dutch even;-) can spark some more questions when you want to book with someone.  A little bit more info is always appreciated by hosts!

Hope you will enjoy Airbnb!

Babs

Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

I agree with @Babs0

Dinah5
Level 1
Singapore

Hi,

I am having the same problem as Tracy. I only have a facebook account and it says that "We're really sorry. There wasn't enough activity on your account for verification". I have done the video and it has been about 8 hours and still my ID has not been verified. My pre-approval for the boking expires in 3 hours. What should I do? I'd really appreciate it if anyone could help please?

Regards,

Dinah

Christo4
Level 2
Randburg, South Africa

I need to do the video verification as I do not have a facebook account, but the video tool sits stuck on - connecting to server and then goes through some retries but they all fail. I have treid two different laptops, internet explorer, chrome, and three differnet internet connecton all give this same error. Is there any other mean I can go about this process.

Thank you, Christo.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi Christo

You will need to call AirBNB for technical issues - this is a forum for hosts.

If you don't have the number use the search function at the top of the forum or look at the first post on the Community Forum for ways to contact BNB