Verification frustration

Answered!
Tracy1
Level 5
Bracebridge, Canada

Verification frustration

I attempted to complete my ID verification today, but could not finish the last step.

After submitting my driver licence photos, I tried to link my facebook account (I do not use gmail or linkedin), but when directed to the facebook page, I unchecked a few of the options (what airbnb can access) such as friends list. It only said that it required your public profile, which you can't uncheck anyway.

When I was redirected back to airbnb, I had a message saying "We're really sorry. There wasn't enough activity on your account for verification". ?? Anyone know why? I now can't go back to retry (and not uncheck any of those options), as it just keeps giving me that message. I tried logging out, then logging in with facebook, but I think it just logs me in with my saved password from the email login I signed up with.

It seems I am now stuck - I can't get verified?

1 Best Answer
Paula276
Level 2
Odessa, TX

I went to a different computer logged onto Airbnb and Facebook it let me finish the process with no problems.

View Best Answer in original post

257 Replies 257
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Tracy1,

Lovely to meet you. Are you still have trouble with this? 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Tracy1
Level 5
Bracebridge, Canada

Hello and thank you!

I just checked again, and it now says "verification complete", so I guess it did work! It seems to allow me to login via facebook now, whereas only a day or so ago it said I couldn't connect that way. I'm not sure if my profile shows a social connection verification though, I only see phone/email and drivers licence when I look at my own profile. But I do have the little verified checkmark, so I think that's what I needed.

Thanks

🙂

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Tracy1,

Thanks for updating me on this, glad to hear it is all working now. 🙂

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Booi0
Level 2
West Java, Indonesia

Hi @Lizzie , Now it seems i'm having that problem now. Just now i book a place in Japan, it keeps  say: "There wasn't enough activity on your account for verification."

I don't have Facebook or Linkedin, but i already upload my ID to the site, i can't even contact airbnb support, it says: "Additional Verification Needed"

I only have 5hrs left, and it still not verified yet, i already made a video of myself too, still not working and i'm still waiting, please help. Thanks!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Booi0,

I am sorry to hear you are having problems with this. Can I just check when your booking is taking place? I am unclear what you mean by 'only have 5 hrs left'. 

Thank you. 

--------------------

I already cancel 2 booking because airbnb haven't verify my ID yet, i don't know what's going on why it took so long to verify? You can check in my history bookings or something.

When i post that message that means i only have 5hrs left to verify my ID when i book a place.

Can you please help me with this? this is frustrating.

Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

@Felix1 same for me I don't know why it takes so long but i bet airbnb is doing everything possible to allow new users in. 

What i really don't understand is why people / new users wait for the last minute to create and verify their profile - strange sense of community.

I can't imagine my husband or my parents trying to register with airbnb. I'm usually pretty good at navigating on the web for these things and wasn't successfull with Airbnb. It seems to be a young persons game which leaves a large group of the population from being able to book through them, which I imagine is a great financial loss to the industry.  And as a side note the reason some wait until the last minute may be because they have been lead to the sight when looking to book other types of places that offer rooms.

What's wrong with you? The app should work!!!!!! 

Yep same issue!

So very frustrating

I am having the same problem. What the hell?  I successfully got a reservation after my initial start up and now I am running into constant problems.  I get a text and then have to upload the app and I can't since I don't have OS 9.  I was so happy with Airbnb initially and now it is too much work. 

** email me I can help

**[E-mail address hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

I need help with the same! No reply from the customer care also! Just one hour left and this is happening the second time.

Faceing same problem since last 2 weeks still can't loggin