WARNING: Custom Setting bug in calendar doesn't respect your minimum stay setting

Answered!
David8028
Level 2
Austin, TX

WARNING: Custom Setting bug in calendar doesn't respect your minimum stay setting

I have a minimum 30 day stay on my account. And a guest just booked for a 7-night stay. How? Airbnb's broken Custom Settings.

Edit-calendar-for-Airbnb.png

How did this happen? The FIRST day of the 7-night stay falls in a Custom Setting period I set up that has a 4-night minimum. The other six days do NOT!

Hey, Airbnb! How about fixing this bug so that the calendar works like a human calendar, rather than like a broken computer's calendar?

@Ian20 @Emiel1 @Anatol3

1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @David8028 ,

The technical team checked on this and upon checking, the 16th is still considered to apply the rule of a 4-night minimum. This is because, on Airbnb, bookings happen per night and not per day. If the rule falls on the first day of the check-in, then it will apply to all the days regardless if the rule is added to the rest of the days or not.

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @David8028 ,

Thanks for sharing your concerns in detail and a clear screenshot. I am forwarding this to the technical team as well, if can provide any advice on this.

-----

thanks bhumika! yeah looks like a bug. dates inclusive vs. dates exclusive, really.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @David8028 ,

The technical team checked on this and upon checking, the 16th is still considered to apply the rule of a 4-night minimum. This is because, on Airbnb, bookings happen per night and not per day. If the rule falls on the first day of the check-in, then it will apply to all the days regardless if the rule is added to the rest of the days or not.

-----

@Bhumika Thanks for looking into this! But... let's be honest... this is a classic case of the tail wagging the dog.

The technical team told you very clearly how their code behaves. Unfortunately, their code is bad. They have to work harder to make their badly-implemented code behave as 100% of humans would describe as the expected behavior in this situation. They do not want to work so they tell you they meant to build it in this clumsy and unhelpful way. A way, I'd like to point out, that might really really screw up many a well-intentioned host and turn their lives into a living hell.

It is our job as humans to create code that serves humans. It is not our job to bow the knee to broken code, don't you agree?

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @David8028 ,

Thanks for sharing your feedback and we understand that you faced a not-so-smooth experience with the calendar rules. Please feel free to share your feedback with the Airbnb team directly through the Feedback Form as well.

-----