Logistics: We put ourselves in a visitor's place (aka guest) arriving in a foreign country without a clue: not knowing the transportation drill, where things are, what equipment to bring, where to food shop, how much to buy, etc. So, today we:
1. Have someone meet them at International airport, usher them through custom and on to jumper plane.
2. Pick them up at the local airport.
3. Bring to our office/tour shop and get outfitted, no need to bring equipment.
4. Walk them through food shopping (the cook does whether they hired her or not).
5. Run them round town and take them to the boat in a cool new gulf car.
Once at island: The objective is to keep them even busier with a lot to do. We want them self-contained and self-amused, and then we rarely hear from them during their stay. So this year we changed/added the following:
1. Doubled size of the island; now many new areas for lawn games and activities.
2. Created a sandy beach, the sound of the surf alone has been a big hit.
3. Changed all water shower heaters to electric; showers now are a joy.
4. Since they use more water as a result, doubled water capacity.
5. Replaced all outdoor furniture (wood, non-rusting).
6. Added paddle boards and a fishing boat.
7. Added 16 lobster 'shades', now they find their own anytime.
8. Now provide the best fishing equipment (small charge, but now there).
9. Blue tooth now throughout entire island and colorful mood lightning.
10. New whisper-quiet power generator, now they can run whatever.
We are done with costly improvements, I swear. Till next year. 🙂