What is the base currency rate for host payouts if currency is different between host & guest?

Answered!
Josh1767
Level 1
Chicago, IL

What is the base currency rate for host payouts if currency is different between host & guest?

I wish to attract international guests with my property, but I am concerned about exchange rates. If I list my home in GBP but I have a guest from another country with a different currency will be guaranteed to receive the price I list or will it be (Price x Exchange Rate at time of payout).

Meaning if a guest books far in advance will I have exposure to currency fluctuations such that the amount I will receive could be less (or more) than I intended?

1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Josh1767 ,

I wanted to share these articles with this discussion, in case you would like to explore them :

👉Choosing a payout currency 

👉 Currency Conversion 

👉 Choosing a payment currency 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Josh1767 in my experience we always get paid in the currency applicable to our listing. Equally the guest pays what they pay at the time of booking in their currency. How Airbnb deal with any risk/opportunity between the guest paying and the host receiving the money is up to them.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Josh1767 ,

I wanted to share these articles with this discussion, in case you would like to explore them :

👉Choosing a payout currency 

👉 Currency Conversion 

👉 Choosing a payment currency 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

The thought never has entered my mind, for we are always paid what we ask (minus certain charges, but never are currency fluctuations deducted) in one's currency and amount. A most interesting question.

Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

@Josh1767 

You get paid in the currency you advertise. No exchange rate problem.
The guest pays in his currency at the time he/she books it.
Airbnb will probably have a smart way to settle all the different currencies