What is your Airbnb Job Description on your CV/Resume?

What is your Airbnb Job Description on your CV/Resume?

After a quick search, very few profiles on LinkedIn have descriptions about their jobs as hosts for Airbnb. Job descriptions highlight the primary responsibilities, requirements, qualifications and challenges of a given job. In short, a job description will tell you what your future employer will expect from you, highlight some skills you've achieved, as well as what you can expect from your employer if you were to come to work for them.  How would your Airbnb Host job description read on your CV/Resume?  

25 Replies 25

Here's what I came up with so far: 

Professional achieving 5-star ratings and Superhost Status for 10 consecutive quarters in Top Grossing listing in Durham, NC. Successfully serviced over 280 guest stays and 430 individual customers in first 2 years. Heads up local marketing and sales by responding to all inquiries within 24 hours resulting in a booking rate of over 95% and vacancy rate at less than 12%. Troubleshoots problems and resolves them in a timely manner resulting in 0 Resolution Center Customer claims payouts. Providing quality accommodations resulting in 5% repeat business. High contributor in community forum at Airbnb, recognized by the moderators as a quality member achieving level 10 status. Frequent contributor to other forums regarding Airbnb policy and procedures. Consultant and mentor to other Airbnb hosts and accepted to Co-host in the Durham Market. Product evangelist in various Airbnb media campaigns and in-app features, frequently contributing to new product roll-outs and requests for product feedback. Community activist supporting quality hosting within the legal limits of Durham's housing laws.

Thank you for your post.  It is definitely inspiring food for thought as I am updating my resu

@Alice-and-Jeff0 wrote:

Here's what I came up with so far: 

Professional achieving 5-star ratings and Superhost Status for 10 consecutive quarters in Top Grossing listing in Durham, NC. Successfully serviced over 280 guest stays and 430 individual customers in first 2 years. Heads up local marketing and sales by responding to all inquiries within 24 hours resulting in a booking rate of over 95% and vacancy rate at less than 12%. Troubleshoots problems and resolves them in a timely manner resulting in 0 Resolution Center Customer claims payouts. Providing quality accommodations resulting in 5% repeat business. High contributor in community forum at Airbnb, recognized by the moderators as a quality member achieving level 10 status. Frequent contributor to other forums regarding Airbnb policy and procedures. Consultant and mentor to other Airbnb hosts and accepted to Co-host in the Durham Market. Product evangelist in various Airbnb media campaigns and in-app features, frequently contributing to new product roll-outs and requests for product feedback. Community activist supporting quality hosting within the legal limits of Durham's housing laws.

me. 

Beautiful! This is so helpful. Thanks for sharing. 

Ryan632
Level 2
Northern Mindanao, Philippines

A nice guideline on how to add Airbnb hosting on my CV. This is great! thanks! 

Wow! So helpful. I just updated my resume too and linked in with this helpful post. I am not mostly retried and run bike trips and airbnb. You just never know when life will change and you may want to market yourself again. Thank you for sharing. 

Aloha Alice and Jeff,

This is very helpful! 

Thank you for taking the time to write, share and comment on all the replies.

Have a blessed day!

Farah1
Level 10
Seattle, WA

@Alice-and-Jeff0 I recently was thinking/planning to actually make a separate resume/cv for the hospitality industry. What a coincidence!

Awesome @Farah1 - what would your Airbnb experience say?  

Veronica248
Level 2
New York, NY

THAvk you for this great post! Exactly what I was looking for! 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I guess for me I used Linked In to list my various careers to date and as I see Airbnb as a business that I run, I wouldn't add it to my resume.

Particularly as I am not looking for work as a co-host. 

It doesn't seem relevant to my career interests which are very different.

But it is certainly an interested perspective @Alice-and-Jeff0 

HannahyMartín0
Level 4
Puntarenas Province, Costa Rica

Thank you. Very helpful as I’m updating my resume.

Joel442
Level 2
Fort Worth, TX

Thank you. this is very helpful!

Paul2033
Level 1
Santa Barbara, CA

Agreed, very helpful. Thank you

Dimitar27
Level 10
Sofia, Bulgaria

Doesn't look like a good idea. Short term rental is not so profitable business at most parts of the world. It's more like a hobby, not like a full time job. Running a successful STR business will just tell to your future manager, that you will not depend 100% from your full time job and you are free to quit any time, if you don't like something-a complete lack of  "corporate culture". Some part of your energy and attention will always be on your airbnb listing.

On the other side...every hobby is cultivating some skills. The next question is how valuable and specific they are for the specific job. Maybe the "airbnb" skills are important...somewhere, for somebody, for a very specific job...and if the person on the other side knows what is Airbnb and short term rental at all.