What motivated you to seek a co-host?

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

What motivated you to seek a co-host?

Jenny_0-1692626440543.png

Hi everyone,

In our Host Community we have so many different hosting styles, preferences and listing types. From remote to live-in Host, there may be a time in any Host’s career where they may need to enlist some help with their listing. We all need a holiday sometimes!

Whether you are a Co-host yourself or have partnered with one (or many) in the past, it can be challenging to find the right fit for your requirements. But let’s start at the beginning!

What motivated you to seek a Co-host?

We want to learn more about co-hosting from our Host Community and find new ways to elevate, celebrate and amplify the often unsung efforts of our Co-host Community.

Thanks,

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

11 Replies 11
Jon4421
Level 2
Ponder, TX

Hi Jenny,

I added my wife as a cohost since I do travel for work some weeks and always wanted someone onsite.

Jon

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's a great decision @Jon4421, someone you can trust, and you can share the Hosting experience together! 

What advice would you give to any potential husband and wife co-host teams?

Jenny

-----

Bea2137
Level 10
Las Piñas, Philippines

Balancing a full-time job with hosting my Airbnb listings has been a unique journey for me. Finding the right support was crucial, and that's why I sought a Co-host. Together, we've managed to create memorable experiences for our guests. It's not just about needing help; it's about enhancing the quality of our service and forming a partnership that celebrates the very essence of hospitality. This collaboration has allowed me to take those much-needed breaks without losing the personal touch in my listings.

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's amazing @Bea2137! You've really nailed the work life balance.  Is your co-host someone that you knew beforehand, or did you find someone specifically for the role?

-----

Bea2137
Level 10
Las Piñas, Philippines

A neighbor recommended her to me.  I actually began hosting in 2015, I was initially a hands-off host, with my co-host managing everything and listing on her account. It wasn't until 2018, when I found more time, that I took a hands-on approach to hosting. That same year, I encouraged fellow owners in my building to host and introduced them to my co-host. But in 2019, when the co-host unexpectedly went AWOL, I found myself stepping in to assist other hosts, many of whom were based offshore. I ended up co-hosting for most of them, as they didn't know anyone locally who could manage their listings.😅 For a while, it was just me and my personal assistant managing everything until i finally found someone new to co-host with me. It’s been quite a long adventure. 😅

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager

You must have some great Hosting stories from your adventure!  Feel free to share them any time, @Bea2137!

-----

Bea2137
Level 10
Las Piñas, Philippines

So many good and bad ones. And the journey is still ongoing. 

Hi Jenny,

I added my husband as a cohost. It allows to have a flexibility when one of us is travelling or unavailable.

Besides the practical side of co-hosting, such as maintenance, it is very helpful to have an additional input when things go not as expected. It helps us to provide better service to our guests.

Galina

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager

It looks like you're a dream team - I see your five star rating!  Awesome work @Galina103 - your listing looks so comfortable - and Oregon looks like a beautiful place to be!

-----

Hi Jenny

yes I don't call my dear husband a cohost. But he does quite a lot especially maintenance. he is also very friendly sometimes he bums into a giest we have in our small town Square and they wind up spending time talking sports ect. My guest love him so I should call him accidental activity  director  :-)))

Mar125
Level 10
California, United States

@Jenny 

When I worked full time as another profession, I yearned for a good cohost when i worked 60 hours a week. 

However, I soon found no cohost could do what I do. 

I searched across the board.

1) I used Individual cohosts, who managed messaging and cleaning. Soon I found them not knowledgeable enough. Cohost usually isn’t very educated and soon becomes discriminatory against some guests. Airbnb had 0 tolerance to discrimination and soon, that effort risked my account. 

2) I evaluated the cohost companies like push, vasaca and etcs. They offer great listing photos, and nice template for listing description. However, the problem with these companies is they don’t screen guests at all.

They invite dangerous and risky guests and receive any and all bookings. One of my friends had to evict guests from vasaca twice a year…so their revenues were wiped out entirely and were not enough to cover legal costs. This could be an extreme bad example. 

3) cohost within my families . No comment. I don’t have any family who is capable of doing cohosting. 

so, i end up hosting and found hosting is quite rewarding. I think biggest problem with either kind of cohosting model is, there’s no screening of guests. landlords’ risk of losing is very big. 

party animals, underage drug users, prostitution, felony pending charge guys are all accepted by those cohosts. Anyways, I am still open to cohost services, as long as it makes sense. 

No offense, i think some of the cohosts do way better than me in the photos, descriptions and so on.