Why can't I see my listing in the Search Results? A Community Help Guide

Why can't I see my listing in the Search Results? A Community Help Guide

Hello,

Questions regarding "Lisiting not appearning in Search Results" are very common and I'd like to share some reasons why this could be happening and how you can view your listing on searching.

Before getting to the details, it is important to understand how search results are determined. The linked article talks about how Airbnb's complex ranking system uses different factors to reward hosts that deliver a great experience to guests. Focus on these factors to optimize your listing.

Let's understand why you might not be able to see your listing in the Search Results:

1) Your location might have more than 300 listings. For ease of display, Airbnb only displays 300 listings at a time and thus some listings, beyond 300, might not appear during a general location search without any filters.

However, if you make use of the multiple search filters that Airbnb has to offer (like Dates, No. of Guests, Room type, Price Range etc.) then you can perform a more specific and narrowed down search which might reduce the search results and your listing will then show up if it matches the filter criteria.

*Please note that, most guests make use of the filters while searching for a vacation home.

123.JPG

2) You can also make use of the map by zooming in closer to your location if your looking at a very large area. Use the '+' button to zoom in and '-' to zoom out. Reducing the area will further reduce the results and you will be able to see your listing. Don't forget to click on the "Redo Search Here" button on the top.

121.JPG

If your listing still continues to not appears,

3) Check if it is "Listed" and not in the "Delisted" mode. To do this, visit your Dashboard >> Your Lisitng >> Manage Listing and Calendar. Expand the Menu options by clicking on the grey icon with 3 horizontal bars on the left top. Look up at the bottom of the Menu that emerges to see if your listing is active. It should appear as "Listed" with a green dot. If it doesn't click on the drop down menu and change it to listed.

11.JPG

4) Still can't see it? Ask the Community to see if any of the members are able to see it on searching with relevant filters.

aqa.JPG

4) Yet no luck? Please get in touch with Airbnb and they shall definitely resolve your problem.

Happy Hosting 🙂

Jeet

Updated - additional information added:

For hosts searching for your Instant Book listing@Clare0 has created a great guide here in the Community Center sharing an overview of how this works. To view her guide take a look here

217 Replies 217

@Mark-and-Penny0  Tweeting Abnb/help gets a quick response.

Their changes to the search is killing me...they only show half a dozen properties of the many more available in my area at a time, severely reducing guests’ choices in a neighborhood veryclose to 2 universities which always have people coming in.  I have map zoom to my street to find my listing and still see neigghboring hosts not popping up.

please like this post...20 likes gets it bumped into consideration by the big guys.

Albino4
Level 1
Centreville, VA

The search really sucks. I was looking in Marble Falls, TX, the below listing is available is that area, but doesnt show when zooming in. This is absurd. 

Direct

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/15468483?s=51

Zooming in

https://www.airbnb.com/s/Marble-Falls--TX--United-States/homes?checkin=2018-03-18&checkout=&query=Sp...

My listing has dropped off the search in my area, AGAIN. It seems to happen every six month and is becoming harder and harder to find assistance at AIRBNB to help 

it’s at the point where the only channel left to contact AirBNB is an emergency number... please advise how I can fix this issue for good 

@Mark830 Your listing is very much visible: 

Bamboo.jpeg

I’ve had a number of people search my area, and used the map to key in...its been not visible 

I seem to have this issue and bookings stop twice a year. So I reach out like this, or to AirBNB in whichever way they allow me to.

no one else notice their bookings suddenly stop, and their listing isn’t showing up? 

I had the same issue. What I did was went to my booking  listing - Booking settings - Calendar- Availability settings then scroll down to future reservations. Its here that mine was on dates unavailable by default which I changed to 3 month into the future. Bang it worked.

Note: Before i did this even though on my calendar it showed dates open it wasnt listing my place. 

Hope this may work for you

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

In the majority of cases, your listings aren't just disappearing accidentally, due to some technical glitch - they're being deliberately ghosted (hidden) by the Airbnb algorithms. The longer you've been hosting, the greater your number of reviews, the better ratings you have, the quicker you reach a certain number of bookings - the more often you'll be ghosted. If you pay close attention, over a prolonged period of time, you'll start to see a pattern in the times/frequency your listing suddenly 'disappears'. 

More often than not, CX agents will insist that they can see your listing is right up there on Page 1 or 2 of the searches when they check from their side (it's *always* on Page 1 or 2, according to them) - the implication being that you must be mistaken and/or delusional, and if you're experiencing a dearth of inquiries/bookings, *you* must be doing something wrong. Sometimes - if you're really lucky - they'll even send you a list of handy tips on how you can up your game and improve as a host, in order to be more successful (Even when you've been hosting for many years, have 350+ reviews, a 5.0 rating, and superhost every single quarter since it was first introduced)

Once in a blue moon though, you'll get someone in CX (usually a new recruit, who hasn't quite learned the Airbnb Code of Silence and Obfuscation yet) who will actually tell you the truth, and inform you that Airbnb 'rotates the listings to give everyone a fair chance'

Translation- Airbnb algorithms will ghost your listing so newbies and underperforming hosts will get the lion's share of the juicy bookings to boost their confidence (and finances), which will encourage them to stay on the platform. The longer established/better performing hosts already have a great deal of time/money/effort invested in Airbnb and are far less likely (or able) to bail out anyway - especially if you can convince them that their dry spells are either their own fault, or due to seasonal fluctuations etc., and nothing to do with Airbnb's sneaky and unethical algorithms. 

Oh and of course, all the commercial operators now on the platform, with their  raft of preferential and highly inequitable Host and Cancellation policies- who each have tens or even hundreds of listings on their accounts - will be pushing you out of the searches too, due to the enormous amount of activity on their accounts giving them a lovely boost in the rankings. 

*These* are the real reasons you're disappearing from the searches, people. 

Rajka1
Level 2
Zagreb, Croatia

Just to ad my 2 cents discovery to this problem!

I just found my listing.

It is in the middle of the ocean between South Africa and Antarctica!!

There are hundreds of other listings floating in the middle of nowhere there.

Someone has been typing in wrong coordinates at AIRBNB.

I bet there are plenty of other "dumping spots" in other places around the globe.

I found my listing by zooming out on the map of my listing until I found the first nearby continent (Antarctica)

Since this is obviously not a problem I can fix I contacted help at AIRBNB, lets see what they do.

AIRBNB help has fixed it for me

The listing is visible and in the right location now!!

I had the same issue. What I did was went to my booking  listing - Booking settings - Calendar- Availability settings then scroll down to future reservations. Its here that mine was on dates unavailable by default which I changed to 3 month into the future. Bang it worked.

Note: Before i did this even though on my calendar it showed dates open it wasnt listing my place. 

Hope this may work for you

@Nicolas618  R U serious, if i open my dates manually per months it doesn't show up in the agorithims.

Do i have to change to 3 months in their settings?

Gray0
Level 6
Boca Raton, FL

When searching, my listing does not appear on the local map in unless I zoom in to about 1/4 mile area  where it lives. Then disappears when I zoom out. This is a huge disadvantage.

Yeda2
Level 2
Twickenham, United Kingdom

Hi,
It still not working for me, it's been few weeks. 
Its seems that there is something wrong with my account and not my listings.
Still waiting for the problem to get fixed 😞

Hi Yeda - I am having the same problem fri about a month now. My listing has been hidden and I’ve been unable to get bookings for about a month despite all my efforts. We’re you able you find any solution? 

明3
Level 2
Qinhuangdao, China

i have same issue,  who can help  ??