Why is the conversation box so smart?

Jeanie35
Level 2
Walnut Creek, CA

Why is the conversation box so smart?

I am a relatively new host for Airbnb and I am having difficulty responding to inquiries because the conversation box is so smart. Am I missing something here or doing something wrong? If anyone has information or a suggestion it would be most appreciated. Thanks, Jeanie

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jeanie35  Could you explain exactly what the issue you're having is? If you are trying to include phone numbers or email addresses, those will be blocked until after a reservation is confirmed.

Hi Sarah, thanks for asking and the issue I’m having is the size of the “reply box“ when I am responding to someone inquiring to book. I can only see two lines of text that I am typing and generally I need to provide a longer note but it is difficult to see it for typos etc.

I do understand about phone numbers and email address is being blocked, that is not my issue.

thanks again and hope this makes sense so you may be able to tell me what I’m doing wrong by only seeing a couple of lines of my text ;-). Thanks, Jeanie

@Jeanie35  Are you using the phone app? I really don't know anything about the app, I've never used it. But my last guest told me he was trying to write his review on the app and the same thing was happening to him. 

I only use the desktop version and I've never had any problem with the messaging box.

But I'm sure there's plenty of hosts who can give you an answer if it has to do with an app issue.

Thanks Sarah, yes, I am using the app on my phone ... I hardly ever use my PC but I bet you are right and this is the problem. Really appreciate your assistance <3.  Jeanie