Will my guests get two emails/codes if I use both RemoteLock integration and AirBnB's own smart lock feature?

Nicholas865
Level 2
Denver, CO

Will my guests get two emails/codes if I use both RemoteLock integration and AirBnB's own smart lock feature?

l have already had RemoteLock set up and integrated with my listing but have just now set up my smart lock with AirBnB's own integration, should I disable my RemoteLock integration now?

4 Replies 4
Bettye6
Level 10
McHenry, IL

Hi @Nicholas865,

I do not use AirBnB smart lock integration as the lock I use is not compatible. I do not like the fact of it supplying an unique code as for my self I would have a hard time remembering it.

I use an Eufy lock and my code is the last 4 digits of my guests phone number. I can manage all from my phone as well.

Eufy notifies me when guests arrive, I can manage on my own using my own phone thus I see no advantage to it at this point in time. At approximately $300 and up. My Eufy wifi deadbolt lock was less than $100 and it gives me most of the advantages that Schlage has.

Hi @Nicholas865 I am using RemoteLock for my listings, but I haven't tried using the Airbnb's own integration for smart lock. But my suggestion is that if you would like to try your smart lock with Airbnb's integration or if Airbnb's integration meets all your needs, you may disable your Remotelock. But if RemoteLock offers an excellent user experience or features that benefit you and your guests, keeping it could be advantageous. Hope this helps! 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Nicholas865 👋

What did you decide to do in the end? Did any of the Hosts responses support you? 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hey Rebecca, I ended up stopping my RemoteLock subscription because the AirBnB integration has worked perfectly with my Schlage Encode