Would love help re-naming my place. I’m stumped.

Annette76
Level 10
Cherry Log, GA

Would love help re-naming my place. I’m stumped.

So after a few life stumbling blocks, I’m trying to get going again on my hosting. I never listed with Airbnb previously as I ended up with a family renting my place for 2+ years while they were buying property and building a house. A couple of other things held up the process but I’m now at a point to start again. On that note I’ve decided to re-name my place as it’s now a different vibe for me. I want something simple, yet memorable and maybe indicative of the place.  It is a log cabin right on the river in the mountains. I want to use the letter H somehow in the name, for a few reasons. For some reason, I have a lot of associations with the letter H around here. Since I was a child I have loved and collected hedgehog things, so there are little hedgehog things around, not overtly but there nonetheless. I also have a love for gardening and have a pretty big collection of Hostas(like 50+ named and labeled varieties) because of the climate and amount of shade on the property they do well here. Of course that climate also lends well to other plants that do well and look great with Hostas, particularly Hydrangeas, Heuchera, Hellebores, and Hakonechloa. I didn’t realize for years that most of the plants in my garden started with the letter H lol. In the summer, I put out a half dozen hummingbird feeders so I have garnered a large group of hummingbirds that return every year. And finally, my last name starts with H. 
The only thing I can come up with at the moment is something like “Circle H” but that makes me think of a dude ranch. 
I am not totally set on that, so am open to all suggestions. 

12 Replies 12
Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Annette76 

I love your story!  As I was reading, "Hummingbird retreat" came to mind!

Joëlle

Ooh, that’s good! What about Hummingbird Haven to keep with the H theme?

Love that @Annette76 😍

@Annette76 Minor point: Do you have hummingbirds? If not you might disappoint people!

I have a large colony that is here from April through October every year. However I did a search and there is a cabin named Hummingbird Haven in my town already. So back to the drawing board. 

very good . I like your story. Have a wonderful new day

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Annette76 

Your listing sounds lovely!

Your mention of hummingbirds made me think of our lovely @Kitty-and-Creek0 so I thought I'd pop on and give them a tag.

Personally, I'd love to see the inclusion of the word hedgehog!  That'd be an instant win for me!  I'm a big hedgehog fan, as is my father, who feeds all the wildlife around where he and Mum live.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Annette76 

Following on from @Jenny's idea of hedgehogs, how about "Hedgehog hideout"?  It sounds like you are in the wilderness, is that correct?  

Another idea could be "Hostas Hideaway/Hideout/Haven"?

Joëlle

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

"Hedgehog Hideout" is ADORABLE @Joelle43 - what a great suggestion!

-----

Sorry, I was on shift at work, so I’m out of pocket for a day or 2 at a time. I’m loving these suggestions so much! I love the hedgehog aspect. So the development my place is in is called Goose Island Hideaway, so hidden is kind of a theme already. As there are no actual hedgehogs in the USA, they really would be hiding. I’m thinking I can have fun with it, maybe call it Hidden Hedgehog Lodge or something like that. Maybe hide hedgehogs throughout in the design. One on a pillow, one in a painting, etc. 

Bettye6
Level 10
McHenry, IL

Hi @Annette76

Though I love hummingbirds & I it is play out too much. I know several AirBnB that utilize the word. 
I love the suggestion of Hedgehog usage,

haven is another word used often with AirBnB

i suggest Hideaway. There is a certain rhyme to it

good luck in picking a name.
Bettye6 

Breanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Did you end up deciding on a name @Annette76? Any hedgehogs going to be hiding about?

-----